Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The firearm was stolen from someone that legally owned it. After the man was locked up and appeals exhausted it was returned from the legal owner.

So No legal issues. I was just curious what people thought about owning a firearm that had that type of negativity attached to it???

Do any of you have other firearms that have bad feelings attached to them??

I have bad feelings towards all of my firearms - they miss everything I'm pointing them at. B) Seriously though I don't think there's a lot of market for a serial killer 'sgun or other macabre item unless its attached to a realy high-profile defendant/case and those would be extremely limited. Plus I think it's somewhat creepy to keep it for that reason. If it's just a matter of buying it for a good price and using it, that's cool, but otherwise it's just plain uncomfortable. It's kind of like Nazi memorabilia. I've studied WWII for years and read trial trancripts of the war crimes tribunals dealing with SS units, etc., but every time I see these patches, hats, flags, etc., which is interesting to me, the thought of actually owning it or having it in my house just repulses me. Just my opinion but yours may vary.

It appears it was not used in a crime, based on the research I have done. I own several 100 plus year old guns, were they used in a crime? Probably based on the type of firearms they are. I still own them because they are neat guns. I believe an inanimate object is just that. People do bad things, not the objects they use. Ymmv.

If you could get it at a cheap price and it was in good condition, then why not? Not like the gun had any thoughts on where it gets used. But for the reason of just having a gun used by a serial killer, well then that'd be kind of strange don't you think?

It is not good or bad. I would buy such a gun to shoot with a clear conscience. I would not, however, have a clear conscience if I bought the gun and sold it at a premium BECAUSE a serial killer had owned it. I wouldn't judge anyone else by this standard but I wouldn't feel right about it..

Not sure I would get it to collect. Some guns would be worth a ton based on their dark past but would never be for sale. The St valantines guns, booths gun, oswalds rifle, pretty much any high profile gun used in a crime which wouldnt end up on the market. From a collectible standpoint, he wouldn't be high profile enough.

Quantum reality is weird. There is in fact an "uncertain" relationship between consciousness and the manifestation of physical reality. It's just an object, it has no consciousness that we can find. However, "attached" to it, there are those little "conceptual artifacts". Memes and Memetics are worth beating one's head on a bit. Personally, I'm a bit picky with the kinds of those sorts of things I allow to rattle around in my mind. I'd probably go with the "creepy" call myself. Darkness and chaos propagate themselves well enough without our help. Life and light are all that matter.

Quantum reality is weird. There is in fact an "uncertain" relationship between consciousness and the manifestation of physical reality. It's just an object, it has no consciousness that we can find. However, "attached" to it, there are those little "conceptual artifacts". Memes and Memetics are worth beating one's head on a bit. Personally, I'm a bit picky with the kinds of those sorts of things I allow to rattle around in my mind. I'd probably go with the "creepy" call myself. Darkness and chaos propagate themselves well enough without our help. Life and light are all that matter.

I couldn't agree more...though it's a bit odd of a response from someone with "Beattleguise" (beattle juice) for an Icon....lol

Edited by jaffo

I don't think I could own a firearm like that. We all know the evil intent lies with the person pulling the trigger, not the gun itself. By the same token, you would own a tool used to kill a fellow man. I just couldn't bear the thought of owning that type of gun myself.

Perhaps I am just being a little wussy, but it creeps me out.

I maybe a wuss, but I considered it a bit creepy that one of the guys I know uses as his carry gun a Glock 17 that he got really cheap. It came with two parallel lines scraped along the top of the front part of the slide: teeth marks. sick.gif

I couldn't agree more...though it's a bit odd of a response from someone with "Beattleguise" (beattle juice) for an Icon....lol

Yeah! It's true. All I can say is, spend 11 years in military medicine and see what happens to YOUR sense of humor!! Oh well! No Matter where you go.....There you are!

Yeah! It's true. All I can say is, spend 11 years in military medicine and see what happens to YOUR sense of humor!! Oh well! No Matter where you go.....There you are!

I understand...I did 5 of those years including a long trip to the sandbox!! Changes the way we think about everything. I stayed in medicine for an additional 8 years after I got back and then gave it up...