Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which lower has the best mag opening?

fastarget

The lowers I have used that have had tight mag wells (wound not allow P mags to drop free) were LMT and CMMG. All the Stag, Noveske, Larue, LAR and RRA lowers I have used have allowed the P mags to drop free. Not sure if this is what you are asking.

Pat

most billet lowers have a flared magwell i have aseveral c3 defence billet lowers and they are flared quite a bit more than a forged lower

thanks for the info, I will search some more regarding billet lowers...

Lancer looks interesting as well....

The largest magwells on a cost effective lower would be Cav Arms lower. Smoother and wider than all else with no larger profile. They are still around too. Drawback (to some) is they are a complete lower with an A2 length stock.

i bought mine for the intrgrated trigger quard and the magwell and tension screw were a nice bonus that and they had a christmas special $109 a piece

unless you get a deal on one the mega arms version2 billet lowers will have a righthand bolt release inn addtion to a flared magwell should be out soon and be around 200

I have everything to put my AR together but a lower. Is there a lower with a larger magwell opening to aid in loading? or are all lowers the same dimension?

tx

Scince you are in Colorado, why not get a Firebird lower.

I would also recomended a Tactical Machining lower.

Both are solid extremely well built lowers and both companies support the sport.

(Billet lowers in my opinion are highly over-rated)