Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 4 championship

The 2011 area 4 championship is set for Sept. 2-4 at the Double Tap Ranch in Wichita Falls, Texas. Over 300 rounds on 12 stages.

Go to match website for more information and registration.

Online registration, online squadding, online payments accepted along with snail mail.

Official registration opens March 1 with online payments being handled by velocityshooter.com

Phil Strader and Chris Thomas are handling the prize table.

Come on down, I promise it will not freeze.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be coming on my way back from Colorado...so I'll have my fleece with me just in case :roflol:

Anybody know of a nice state park or RV-friendly campground within an hour of the range?

It oughta be another great one, Ken, with you and your crew in charge.

:cheers:

Curtis

Match Hotel is set.

Holiday Inn at the falls

Rate: 64+Tax

Code: A4C

Finishing up the online match payment option, and it won't be PayPal!

we are working on stages, helps being snowed in, over 300 rounds so far on 12 stages, and no prone, sorry.

I might be coming on my way back from Colorado...so I'll have my fleece with me just in case :roflol:

Anybody know of a nice state park or RV-friendly campground within an hour of the range?

Curtis

I think there's one just North of the Match Hotel but I don't know the name. Googlemaps doesn't show a name.

Curtis

I think there's one just North of the Match Hotel but I don't know the name. Googlemaps doesn't show a name.

Thanks, I'll check that out...I'll be doing some research once I get out from under this cold/flu that's currently kicking my behind. Just wondering if anyone from the area had any recs.

There is a municipal RV park right in the city I remember seeing, just up the road from for the 2010 Double Tap Championship match hotel, but would like to find something a little more interesting place for my wife and dog to enjoy while I'm at the range for a number of days.

Curtis

Ken has been keeping me updated on everything, and it sounds like this year's Area 4 is shaping up to be really great!

I've gotten a few emails about conflicting dates with the TX State IDPA and Area 8 Championships. Unfortunately, we're too far into the process to change the dates, not to mention that these dates were announced by me here on August 29, 2010. I think we're really blessed to have the problem of too many matches, and not enough weekends!

Trust me, Ken and I will do everything in our power to accommodate you, but you definitely don't want to miss this year's Area 4! Chris Thomas has reported a very impressive list of sponsors thus far. I'm sure that I may be able to spruce it up even more!

I foresee great stages, great weather, a great staff, and a great prize table. All we need now are a BUNCH of great competitors!

I look forward to seeing you there.

Phil Strader

Area 4 Director

Online registration is up and running, as is the online payment option, which is hosted by velocityshooter.com.

I am so happy that we now have an option that is not paypal!

Troy McManus has agreed to be the Range Master. We are accepting RO apps at this time, if you are interesting in working the match, contact me for the RO information packet.

Stages are in the works, over 300 rounds on 12 stages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris Thomas and his prize table crew are doing a fantastic job of filling up the coffers. Check out this list! And visit these sponsors!!!!!

SIG Sauer

Glock USA

Caspian

Hornady

Cameron's Custom

Gargoyle Eyeglasses

Brownells

Springfield Armory

Cheaper Than Dirt

CED chronograph

CR Speed

C-More

Midway USA

Sierra Bullets

Magpul

Safariland

Otis Technology

ParaUSA

RCBS Reloading

Benchmade

Bagmaster USA

Starline Brass

Stages are done and will be posted soon.

We still need RO's, contact me for more information.

Looking forward to seeing the stages!

Could you explain the shooting schedules, does everyone shoot the same schedule on the Sat/Sun option(start Saturday AM)?

How many stages will we be shooting each day on the Sat/Sun schedule?

You can shoot all day Friday or 8 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

Stages underwent a major reconstruction today, so we have to resubmit them to NROI for approval.

MR. Speer, GM production shooter is a stage design genius. His help is greatly appreciated!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Stages underwent a major reconstruction today, so we have to resubmit them to NROI for approval.

MR. Speer, GM production shooter is a stage design genius. His help is greatly appreciated!!!

+1 on Steve....Awesome...looking forward to it

+1 on Steve....Awesome...looking forward to it

Steve does come up with great stages, but they can be really technical too :sight:

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Porter who operates the Double Tap Ranch, is laying down some bedding in the bays. If it rains, mud will not be an issue. Big thanks to Robert!

There is a CED Chronogragh giveaway to one lucky early registrant. Get registered by June 1st if you want in on this drawing.