Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moonclip Vendor

GlennRasch

I ran across this website Monday night, with moon clips at a affordable price. Call them on Thuesday morning and order 50 10mm steel clips for $45.00.. and had them on Friday, with a invoice to send a check to..they sent me some samples for my 8 shot, I'm going to buy more next week. It seems like every weekend that we are at match's , I get 1 or 2 moon clips steped on. I talked to George for a long time, and he seems to be a stand-up guy. If you revolver nut's get a chance, take a LOOK at his site... My link :cheers: to the revolver GODs

I get mine from Brownells, 5 for $2.71 - I ordered a few hundred when I was already ordering some other stuff and will likely never need any ever again.

Lee

I think you mean $ 4.95 for a pack of 5. So lets take a look ..... 100 45 acp moon clips form Brownell's would be $99.00 or get 100 45 acp from Revolver Supply for $ 40.00 ..... :o

I get mine from Brownells, 5 for $2.71 - I ordered a few hundred when I was already ordering some other stuff and will likely never need any ever again.

Lee

I think you mean $ 4.95 for a pack of 5. So lets take a look ..... 100 45 acp moon clips form Brownell's would be $99.00 or get 100 45 acp from Revolver Supply for $ 40.00 ..... :o

Or, you can buy the moonclips from Ranch Products for $35.00 for 100. Ranch Which is where your guy gets them, btw.

Edited by cliffwalsh

I get my moonclips from Cactus Tactical. 25 for $12.50.

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/index.php?manufacturers_id=23

Lets do the math.........so 100 would be $ 100.00 and 100 from the Revolver Supply would be $ 40.00 :wacko: that is simple math.

You better work on your math, I guess it is not so simple.

And Ranch is still cheaper.

Seems like this thread got a little tense. I thought we were just providing info on where we get our clips. For what it is worth, I use 610 clips - not even sure if Ranch sells them, I have never done business with them. Not for any reason; it has just not come up. The clips I get are 54 cents each and that is plenty cheap enough for me as I order from Brownells occasionally anyway and as I ordering. Sorry if I misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Ranch has been making moon clips for a long time. Many others simply repackage and resell them. You can buy Wilson Combat moon clips and all you are doing is paying 3-4 times as much for Ranch moon clips. The folks at Ranch do business the old fashion way, with trust and honesty. I like giving my money to those kind of people and getting the best price as well. :cheers:

Without starting a war between witty and the mathmagically challenged... :sight: Which vendors EDM cut and which press 45 ACP moonclips? Also who has a good L-frame .38 super 6 shot?

Always looking for the edge, eh Forrest? 2" 66's with speedloaders, mano e mano, you game?

... Also who has a good L-frame .38 super 6 shot?

Cough Cough Hearthco, Cough Cough. You must however get the right thickness. All the ones he sent me to try worked but one thickness was better for my revo. Cough. later rdd

Personally, and I'll add my $.02, I dislike metal moons in the 610 quite a bit.. I'm all for the RIMZ in the 610 and whatever you can get in the other calibers.. though Hearthco's are nice.. I'm likely going to cry if/when I bend my first 38 super Hearthco moon.. Ranch sells 610 clips, 686, 686+, 627 - 38/357 moons, and 625/1917 clips.

Without starting a war between witty and the mathmagically challenged... :sight: Which vendors EDM cut and which press 45 ACP moonclips? Also who has a good L-frame .38 super 6 shot?

Always looking for the edge, eh Forrest? 2" 66's with speedloaders, mano e mano, you game?

Haha I can't make it down there today. What game and do you have two 66's? I've got a model 10 snubbie? I'd have to get it running again it's outta time right now. Really John, who wants to pick up brass piece by piece? I love the way .38 super cases eject. It's like short colt only cheaper moonclips....

I have to say that Ranch products is incredible to deal with. What other company have you dealt with in the past 10 years that sends the product to you the first time you ever deal with them and says just send me a check once you get them! Actually a little bit of trust left in this world!

Does anyone have contact info for Ranch Products? There are no phone numbers on their web page and the email address they list no longer works.

Thanks.

The only thing I have is from their Web Page from a while back

Ranch Products

PO Box 145

Malinta, Ohio USA 43535

Phone: 313-277-3118

Fax: 313-565-8536

I don't know if it still works. Good Luck later rdd

Ranch Products

Good products and good people,

but their ordering system leaves something to be desired.

I had to send them a fax with quantity and shipping address.

A package showed up with an invoice for net30.

100 clips, for a 625, at $35.

Wrote them a check and sent it off.