Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2

kaiserb

I recently installed a Nordic Comp extension and tube clamp. Much to my dismay the tube clamp did not stay put when shooting and made a nice smooth spot on the Benelli barrel.

Any ideas how much torque to put on the clamp to keep it in place?

Prior to turning down a clamp sized band on my Extention tube by a few thousanth's (it don't move now boys)

I put just a little strip of rubberized grippy tape on the inside of the clamp and used blue locktight to hold it all.

another trick is to put grip tape (or sponcer stickers) fore & aft of where you want the tube clamp to go.

it should stay in place for a bit longer. I've also seen some shooters TIG a dot on the mag tube so the clamp will no longer slip around.

Just don't crank them down too tight too easy to go past the crush point. . bad things happen to choke tubes and barrels after that.

Skip the clamp, I stopped using one. Nordic says that with the redesign of the nut and the length of the threads on the Benelli the clamp in not nessassary. (Benelli only, not sure on other shotguns) Plus you can change poi with slugs. On another note, when I did use it I used a couple slices of bicycle inner tube against the barrell and the clamp.

You have options.

Jay

Use Tyro's solution. Original Benelli magazine extensions have a turned down area the width of Benelli clamp. Or don't use a clamp. Original Benelli clamps are low mass and can be tightened with a coin. Available from Brownells and Numrich.

Have to use a clamp to tune the POI of my slugs.

Benny, how do you tune where your slugs hit using the clamp? Is it about moving the clamp closer to, or farther from the muzzle, or cranking-down the screws on the clamp?

I'm about to order a Nordic Components clamp for my 22" M2 in order to mount a sling to the gun for shooting the Blue Ridge Mtn match for the first time. Slugs out of my shotgun shoot extremely high, and I'm hoping that adding the clamp will help with that. Thanks!

JGC,

Obviously, I'm not Benny but I recently went thru this exercise with my M2 & it went from high without the clamp to very low with the clamp. Wound up leaving the clamp off & adjusting the rear sight to POA=POI @ 50 yards. I am using a HiVis triangular FO front sight. You'll just have to get a bunch of slugs & find out what works for you & your SG. But you probably knew that!

Regards,

TomD

Have to use a clamp to tune the POI of my slugs.

Benny, how do you tune where your slugs hit using the clamp? Is it about moving the clamp closer to, or farther from the muzzle, or cranking-down the screws on the clamp?

I'm about to order a Nordic Components clamp for my 22" M2 in order to mount a sling to the gun for shooting the Blue Ridge Mtn match for the first time. Slugs out of my shotgun shoot extremely high, and I'm hoping that adding the clamp will help with that. Thanks!

I'm not Benny, but this is what he posted on another "my Benelli shoots high" thread:

"....with a nordic clamp, the more I move it back, the higher it shoots & move it foward, it hits lower."

Phil G

Skip the clamp, I stopped using one. Nordic says that with the redesign of the nut and the length of the threads on the Benelli the clamp in not nessassary. (Benelli only, not sure on other shotguns) Plus you can change poi with slugs.

+1 I do keep one in the range bag with a sling swivel deal on it for those stages that require a slung shotgun.