Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need some targets. I ordered some from Hot Shots in South Caroliana, 10 days ago, no phone answer, no email...

Where can I get some without having to wait till next yr, and for about 50cents ea?

Thanks

Don't get them from Law Enforcement Targets. They have good prices but the perfs, especially the vertical a/c lines, are barely visible on most of the targets making them a first class bitchero to score.

They are fine for practice but if I was ROing a big match and someone foisted these off on me I think I would quit.

I used to get Alco Targets and will again in the future...as soon as I burn through the rest of my supply.

• 3 weeks later...

TL,

I have been leaving messages for Brain of Hot Shots for a few weeks now, with no reply. Today I noticed that the Hot Shots website is gone ... the business must be gone too. Sorry to learn because he was a nice guy and a good supplier. Several clubs in the Central Florida area will now be looking for a new target source. If anybody has a source that will deliver to Florida (reasonably) I know that 2 clubs will be looking for 2,000 targets and some pasters ASAP.

Thanks,

Leo

Ag93

Brian Wilmer from Hotshots in SC was supposed to be bringing targets to the match according to Tom Neal. However, I ordered 100 targets from him on line in the first week of Feb. Must have called him 50 times and emailed him 25 times to check status, and finally to cancel the order.

Hope he is there, I have some choice words to convey to Mr. Wilmer...

Good prices. Have you had experience ordering from them?

I have placed one order with these guys for targets and some magazine bore stores (they are fuzzy, fuzzy keeps my magazines warm, warm magazines are happy, happy magazines come from california :blink: - sorry it's early and I haven't had coffee yet). Seriously though, if you spray silicon into the borestore pockets it drives away moisture and lubricates at the same time, the benefits go on and on ... but I digress ... again.

Anyway, it was a good experience. They actually had run out of the official paper (be advised these are not cardboard) targets so he made up the balance with the practice targets and threw in about 10 or 15 extra. I also got the D1's so I could practice for GSSF.

OHHHHHHHHHH! Tightloop, that is the one my club tried to order from and pick up at SCC! :angry: Forget I brought that up. We tried to get some too and have not been able to get in touch with him. I have soem choice words for him too. TXAG

Try Dave Zimmerman at Target Barn. Good prices, and usually in the first part of the year, he'll drive a circuit and deliver big orders. Otherwise, he'll try to find the best rate for shipping for you.

Troy

This obviously won't help for club targets but you can get giant rolls of kraft colored butcher paper for next to nothing and cut your own targets. I have more free time than I do money, so this probably doesn't appeal to everyone. By taking a regular target and cutting slits in the scoring lines you can make quasi zones on your target using a dark brown spray paint. I make mine intentionally smaller for practice.

Alan Elam

Oh great! I'm in the same situation as tightloop. I ordered targets from Hot Shots Monday, got no e-mail and now I see the site is down. I really hate this because he was giving me a decent rate (0.48) on targets and I'd get the things 3 days after I ordered them.

Time to shop around and find a new supplier I guess.

I recieved great service from Target Barn. He called me to tell me I ordered the wrong color pasters for the targets I also ordered(about an hour after I ordered them. On a Sunday). And they advertise in Front Sight.