Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STOLEN S&B 1-8x ALERT!

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this but I figured it would get the most views here. Mods if you want to move it then feel free.

It has come to my attention through our rep at Schmidt and Bender that someone of low morals has stolen one of their new 1-8x Short Dots from their booth at SHOT Show on Friday. They actually stole it with the display stock and all on it.

The scope is marked "PROTOTYPE" on the eye piece behind the 1-8x24 marking. I have been told that our rep is offering a reward of $500 off a S&B scope if anyone has any info that leads to the return of the scope. Please keep an eye out for the scope when shooting or on any for sale forums around the net. You can contact me if you see it.

Thanks for the help.

Next thing all the scopes will be in display cases where you can't get to them without a rep. (Nikon booth was partly like this).

Always some jerk trying to ruin it for everyone. Hope he gets turned in and hammered.

Craig

I don't condem stealing, cheating or lying in any way...so don't think that's what I'm advocating.

It is an interesting thing that a scope that was premiered at SHOT last year and again displayed this year, which is completely unobtainable, with a rolling release date of 6/10, 8/10, 9/10, 12/10, ???... gets stolen.

From now on, if someone mentions that scope I'll tell 'em "The only way to get one of those is to steal it at SHOT!" ;-)

PLEASE S&B release that scope!!!

I think you meant "condone".

it's probably in Beijing right now.

just sayin'....

sadly, you are probably right.

From some of the comments I was hearing from other manufacturers about their product ideas

being copied/stolen, I agree.

Craig

I hate thieves! They ruin stuff like SHOT for everyone and hurt businesses and individuals. Someone at S&B probably came down hard on the guy working the booth, unless it was a higher up S&B rep to begin with.