Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TT shooting for Para now

The Antichrome

Para signing on TT is very interesting. With TJ's departure and the seemingly unstoppable rise of STI/SV in limited, I would have guessed Para would step away from USPSA entirely. Para's support of action pistol seems half hearted at best, or at least that is my perception. It would be nice to see them offer a contingency program like STI, or better yet, a discount program for USPSA members.

I also had to chuckle when I saw that TT's gun has an AFTEC extractor. Yeah, I really do hate the Power Extractor that much!

-Steve

Perhaps if he goes OPEN they will start offering a 170 body.

Perhaps...but they didn't for TJ all those years that he shot their guns and won the World with it in Open. Would love to see it myself.

Live and learn? Hopefully they will see that people like steel framed guns too adnd that their desgin offers some advantage in capacity.. I hear the rumble of the 32 rounders already....HAHAHA Plus the design is easily adaptable to .40!

STI/SVI dominate Limited and Open because they make guns that dominate Limited and Open. Para just doesnt get it and keeps making guns we dont want, then dont understand why we dont buy them, DOuble stack 9mm's and 38's but no 170 mags, Extractors that only work on calibers we are not using in doublestack, Low and behold a 6" Hawg !!!! but in a caliber we dont want. Its a real shame because Para could so easily capture a big chunk of the budget conscience and newer shooters.

I think we will see some great changes now that Para is in the USA and under new management. There will always be shooters that want a affordable steel framed hi-cap 1911. Para has been around a long time and they're not throwing the towel in yet. :ph34r:

Edited by Roy Hess

I hope so. I really think that Para could make some inroads if they'd do a couple of things. First, ditch any non-standard parts in your upper. I'm looking at you, Power Extractor. Even if Para has gotten it right now, most folks aren't going to trust it. Go back to a standard extractor, and start pushing the 16.40 single action.

The other thing I wonder about is why Para never made or pushed a full-size LDA 9mm, even a single stack. There are folks out there who might want to shoot production occasionally but are die-hard 1911 folks. The LDA in 9mm would at least allow them the option to shoot Production with something that is similar to their current guns.

Of course, there's probably a reason why I am not in the gun business. Even still, now that Para's in the US, I'd like to see them make a run at being a real Limited competitor, rather than an occasional oddity between the Glocks, XD's, M&P's, and STI/SVI's.

I talked to Travis not long ago. He will be getting out of the Army when his time is up and working for Para. Good luck my friend. :cheers:

Hopalong

I would have to look at the long range plans before ditching the ARMY,,looks like he has a pretty cool job,how long has he been in the ARMY,, :unsure:

yea good luck

I talked to Travis not long ago. He will be getting out of the Army when his time is up and working for Para. Good luck my friend. :cheers:

Hopalong

I would have to look at the long range plans before ditching the ARMY,,looks like he has a pretty cool job,how long has he been in the ARMY,, :unsure:

yea good luck

Money talks :roflol:

Money talks and the military doesn't pay crap. At least they didn't when I was in. I am sure that he was making more money teaching classes than what he was paid by Uncle Sam.

I am glad to see Para get another pro shooter. It would be nice if Para would listen to what we actually want.