Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 grips

Mike Dame

Check out the Larry Davidson "Monkey Grips", he has a few texture patterns to choose from.

Rich

+1. They are awesome.

Wilson Combat makes a grip that is like a sunburst pattern that I felt at IDPA Nationals in '07 that were surprisingly grippy.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Grips-Full-Size-Black-G10-Starburst-Pattern/productinfo/351AAFS/

I have a pair of VZ Operatop II's. Great texture and feel.

That's what I have on my single stack. The frontstrap is checkered 30 LPI.

If anyone knows of grips that are even sharper than that, let me know. I don't mind sore hands, and I like holding onto my gun.

If anyone knows of grips that are even sharper than that, let me know. I don't mind sore hands, and I like holding onto my gun.

Larry Davidson still offers his "Shredders" they're just not shown on his site... they're probably the most aggressive I've seen (and look pretty trick too), that said, my all-time favorite 1911 grip is skateboard tape over the smooth Alumagrips, for me that's the best thing out there that I've found and is what's going on my new build.

I don't worry about the grips, the side pannals are not where you loose your grip anyway. I just have the triggerguard under cut and the frontstrap checkered 20 lpi all the way up to it. I then add a S&A magwell that is checkered 20 lpi to match. :cheers:

post-7365-010248900 1295220652_thumb.jpg

post-7365-079013300 1295220664_thumb.jpg

post-7365-000750300 1295220678_thumb.jpg

Edited by usmc1974

Hey Sarge, is that a Techwell TGO with yout Ergo grips? How did you mount that? That is exactly the kind of set up I'm looking for.

No, that is a custom made mag well that my gun smith makes. It is almost as big as the TGO. It attaches with a screw into the mainspring housing and works great. You do have to trim the grips just a little but for the price it is well worth it. His name is Jim Joyce and he can make it from aluminum or delron to keep the weight down. Check out his web site, www.jimjoycecustom.com

Gun4-17-10011.jpg

Gun4-17-10017.jpg

Gun4-17-10010.jpg

I don't worry about the grips, the side pannals are not where you loose your grip anyway.

I respectfully disagree with that opinion. Every part of the gun that touches your hand affects your grip.

You can disagree if you like but, about 80% of the force is from the web of the thumb and the three fingers that wrap around the frontstrap of the gun. Try shooting one with your thumb up, and not useing your fingers wraped around the frontstrap.

I like Ergo grips. Slim, rough texture and great price. I run them on all my SS guns. Good luck!

Gun4-17-10021.jpg

Gun4-17-10025.jpg

what kind of mag release is that?

Jim Joyce makes that as well. I have them on all my guns now. Low profile but extended back some to make the reload easier.