Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky ( Wildcat ) State Match

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For scoring buck on paper targets, typically anything other than 00 9 pellet is prohibited. Too many holes to paste otherwise.

That #4 might be good medicine for the spinner. If it is tight.

What is the normal attack load of a spinner (never seen one before in person)

Go to one of our sponsors MGM targets and click on gravity-moving targets and then go to the spinner, he will have some video of the spinner, good luck :surprise:

okay i went to mgm, from the video it looks like you are trying to make the spinner do a 360, but if i read the stage 8 procedure right it is a 5 second penalty if it does spin 360. so what are we doing with it?

thanks

There are no penalties if the MGM double swinger does nor rotate 360. There is a -5 sec bonus if it does rotate 360. The two MGM plates must be engaged and hit otherwise miss penalties and/or FTEs will be accrued.

We are getting close now. I'll pick up the match books and shirts tomorrow. The trophies and score sheet have arrived. The food vendor is set. Squad layout and shooter packets will start tonight. The dumpsters and port-a-pots will be delivered next week. The staff and prize table are on track. Most of the setup is finished. We will do a little clean-up, count and paint tgts, finish up the stages this weekend and set the activators and movers the first of next week. After that..... we shoot.

How does the squading work at this match? I do not recall an option on the entry form to request squad members.

email Gary and tell him who you want to shoot with AND IF the squad is not full he will fix you up

Anyone in the know want to guesstimate at what time the match, awards, etc. will be complete on Saturday night?

Lotsa variables to deal with I know :blink: ...I'm just trying to decide if I want spend another night in Lewisport or drive home after the match.

Heat is good, rain sucks. Especially after the amount of rain we have had this year.

Heat sucks too...it just sucks less than rain.

Yeah....I'm a fair weather kinda guy...give me 62 and sunny everyday and I'll be happy :P

Anyone in the know want to guesstimate at what time the match, awards, etc. will be complete on Saturday night?

Lotsa variables to deal with I know :blink: ...I'm just trying to decide if I want spend another night in Lewisport or drive home after the match.

Ok I will give this a shot

Gary wants to try to go hot 15 min. early if everyone is ready and no shooters meeting

So 10 to 12 per squad, 5 to 6 min. per shooter, providing no reshoots or range failers, plus 5 min. walk through per stage, 1 hour lunch or less depending on if your squad wants to get on with it, and RO's have eaten, 1 hour posted waite on scores, I know I sure I left something out BUT I will let you do the math to get a ball park time. MY GUESS, DARK 30 :roflol::roflol:

Edited by Sudden Death

Ok I will give this a shot

Gary wants to try to go hot 15 min. early if everyone is ready and no shooters meeting

So 10 to 12 per squad, 5 to 6 min. per shooter, providing no reshoots or range failers, plus 5 min. walk through per stage, 1 hour lunch or less depending on if your squad wants to get on with it, and RO's have eaten, 1 hour posted waite on scores, I know I sure I left something out BUT I will let you do the math to get a ball park time. MY GUESS, DARK 30 :roflol::roflol:

Yeah...Dark:30 was my initial estimate too :D

Anyone spending Saturday night at the Lewisport match hotel?

Gary,

Just got through going through the stages. I believe this is going to be your best match yet! I don't think anybody that has shot your match can truly appreciate the "value" of what you get for such a low entry fee and a one day match.

Albert

Edited by ap3

unless there awards for the most misses, dumbass mistakes, etc. this being wildcat i know i do not need to stay for the awards. :)

Yeah, unless its a random draw table and I dont think it is, I will be heading out for a 5 hour drive.

unless there awards for the most misses, dumbass mistakes, etc. this being wildcat i know i do not need to stay for the awards. :)

Yeah, unless its a random draw table and I dont think it is, I will be heading out for a 5 hour drive.

i have to all of Gary's 3 gun championship matches all but last year and the prize has always benn random.

Can we shoot the lathe board with buckshot or do we have to use birdshot? ;)

I would use birdshot

I shot this type lathe recently. I was shooting cheap black hull Rem. #6 through a cylinder choke and blew it in half. Buck only gives you 9 pellets-a hit would be great a miss wouldn't.

Dave

I would use birdshot

I shot this type lathe recently. I was shooting cheap black hull Rem. #6 through a cylinder choke and blew it in half. Buck only gives you 9 pellets-a hit would be great a miss wouldn't.

Dave

Nothing like a shotgun miss at 8 feet to get your day started.

I would use birdshot

Dave

Yeah,, I was doing some "research" on this and found that buckshot would most likely take 2 properly aimed shots but when you have a 12 round mag :rolleyes: and can preload a couple extra its not a issue. Gonna do some more testing this week.