Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky ( Wildcat ) State Match

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna work it. Gives me a couple of days extra with Mom and Dad.

I'm also shooting the M-1. Didn't know if your squad was ready for that.

Bring it we're always ready for stuff like that!!!! Now if you'd run that M1 with a bayonet attached that would be really cool.... :goof:

I bet Gary could work up a side match with the M1, where you run down 200 yards and stab a target and run back and fire a few rounds back at the 200 yard steel, and winner takes all the prize money for the side match. :surprise::surprise::sight:

Count me in!

Bring it we're always ready for stuff like that!!!! Now if you'd run that M1 with a bayonet attached that would be really cool.... :goof:

I bet Gary could work up a side match with the M1, where you run down 200 yards and stab a target and run back and fire a few rounds back at the 200 yard steel, and winner takes all the prize money for the side match. :surprise::surprise::sight:

Count me in!

Did you not mean run and then throw the knfie and run back and then shoot? Just like Top Shot??? :devil:

Count me in!

I was just kidding, but if we have enough, I would love to see you guys run, run, run, huff and puff, run, run, huff and puff :rolleyes::roflol::roflol:

I figured you were kidding, but I'm in if you can talk enough other dumb asses into it.

(nothing against forum rules about calling oneself a dumb ass, right?)

Maybe we can get Chad to use that for a stage in 3 Gun Nation :goof:

I figured you were kidding, but I'm in if you can talk enough other dumb asses into it.

(nothing against forum rules about calling oneself a dumb ass, right?)

I often hear others in my squad making comments like "what a dumb ass" or "I thought that dumb ass would never hit that last target". These comments usally seem to occur about the time the RO is asking me to show clear and holster after I have shot a stage. I have no idea who they are talking about, but I feel bad for him. I think they should all be charged a procedural.

can you say about how far we will be shooting the slugs and buckshot. i have never used buckshot at match before. slugs and buck shot all paper?

Both will be shot on hardcover paper tgts at ~ 25/30 yds. The sponsor list is posted at orpci.org. Check it out and support the venders that support our shooting sports.

can you say about how far we will be shooting the slugs and buckshot. i have never used buckshot at match before. slugs and buck shot all paper?

Both will be shot on hardcover paper tgts at ~ 25/30 yds. The sponsor list is posted at orpci.org. Check it out and support the venders that support our shooting sports.

thanks, Gary i can not tell how thankful i am that the slugs will be at only about 30 yards, instead our normal 70 or so. now hopely i can actually get all (or most) of my slug hits.

For scoring buck on paper targets, typically anything other than 00 9 pellet is prohibited. Too many holes to paste otherwise.

That #4 might be good medicine for the spinner. If it is tight.

For scoring buck on paper targets, typically anything other than 00 9 pellet is prohibited. Too many holes to paste otherwise.

What is the normal attack load of a spinner (never seen one before in person)

I like Federal 2 3/4 turkey laods with the flight control wads. It is the heaviest weight payload with the highest velocity in a 2 3/4 shell and will put over 85% of the pattern on the spinner at 25 yards using an I/C choke tube. They make the plates fly a long ways if reloads or shots are off by one.

00 it is. Thanks

Yes, 00 buck is what is needed

Edited by Sudden Death

Go to one of our sponsors MGM targets and click on gravity-moving targets and then go to the spinner, he will have some video of the spinner, good luck :surprise:

Edited by Sudden Death

Go to one of our sponsors MGM targets and click on gravity-moving targets and then go to the spinner, he will have some video of the spinner, good luck :surprise:

Looks like fun!

Dave

2 quick questions. Will there be water at the stages or should I lug my own. AND how far will we have to shoot to hit the lathe board with ths shotgun at the start of stage 8 ?? 5 feet? 30 feet?