Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 rnd mags or 17 rnd in Production

BhmJeep

Most people use the standard 17rd mags. They seat easier, and you can also load to 11 for your LAMR mag. R,

+1 I also like the 17rd mags for live fire practice. When I'm doing 3 target transitions or accuracy drills, etc it cuts down on constantly reloading my magazines.

Most people use the standard 17rd mags. They seat easier, and you can also load to 11 for your LAMR mag. R,

The 9mm tenners are fine as far as seating and feeding, even in a lightly sprung Glock. The 40 ten rounders run with 11# and 13# recoil springs on a case by case basis.

:cheers:

I do that for my production pistol. If you're gonna spend $$ on a magazine, I just get the proper one and load the mags per rules of the game. When carry/home.... full capacity!

I've shot Production for years using the 10 rounders with zero problems. I've also used the 17 rounders on occasion. Aside from easier to load and weighing a tad less, I really prefer 10. When they are full there is only 10, no guessing, do need to double-check, and a brain f%^t is all you need to find yourself in Open. I've seen too many do that at unloaded starts or other times.

Mine are from back in teh day when the ban was in place. Since then, fellow shooters who wanted to get rid of them have been kind enough to give them to me. Now I sit with 20 10-rounders and double that in high caps.

Edited by vluc

Since there is more to life than shooting matches, conventional wisdom tells me never buy anything other than a Hi Cap magazine when legally allowed. You never know.......

I got bumped to open once for having too many rounds in a mag. My old eyes had a hard time seeing into the witness holes. I drilled out the 10,11,and 12 holes to make them a little bigger. Made a world of difference!:cheers:

I also make sure not to mark primers when I mark brass. I want them as shiny as possible.

Since Production is limited to 10 rounds do you guys buy 10 round mags or just load 10 rounds in the standard hi-cap mags?

Mike

I run the 17 round standard capacity mags in PRD. Luckily, I don't need to worry about the 10 round reduced capacity magazines. <_<

I have not had good luck, feed reliability-wise, with 10-round Glock 9mm mags. I know that some people have. I use 10-rounders for nothing but dry fire practice. For live fire practice and match use, it's 17-rounders all the way. :)

Same here. The only other thing my 10-rounders get used for is my trips to CA where I can't bring a hi-cap.

• 4 weeks later...

You can use one 17 round mag as the first. You can put 11 rounds in the first mag and chamber one at Make Ready, that gives you the legal one in the chamber and 10 in the mag. The only time to not do this is when you are starting with a mag on the table or any other case where you start with the mag not in the gun.

Some people like to use 10 rounders because there is no chance you can accidentally load more. Others think that the 17's feed rounds better.