Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Factory Tour

Baer45

I just returned from a trip to Scottsdale Arizona and wanted to pass on to the folks what a great company Dillon is to it's customers. We had decided to swing by Dillon since I remembered they were in Scottsdale and not far from the Scottsdale Gun Club. We arrived without notice and the great lady at the counter (who was swamped with customers)called someone from the back to work the front counter so she could take time out to give us a walking tour of the assembly area. We were able to see every phase of the assembly of each Dillon machine, meet the actual workers/engineers and ask any questions we wanted to...the engineer went out of his way to explain each operation on a 1050 and which aftermarket parts are worth the money with most not and why. The end of the tour ended up where 2 Fed Ex trucks are parked being filled with new machines to be shipped. I believe they had 4 tractor trailers going out the day we were there. Probably the most interesting thing I learned was this huge spike in guns sales and reloading equiptment has gone way beyond a fear of a loosing of our 2nd ammendment rights but is trending to a new sport (for the masses) with new generations learning how to shoot and reload for the first time...

If you are ever in the area I highly reccomend calling ahead and taking a tour! Thanks Dillon for taking the time- Reloader in Richmond, Va.

Thanks for the field trip news. I am glad Santa brought me Dillon 2 yrs ago, after reading all these post about Dillon equip and their Cust service, I would have been upset to whatever else I could have gotten, instead of Dillon.

I had a similar experience in the mid 90's. my buddies and I shot the old desert classic match, and stopped by the dillon factory.

We mentioned we were visiting from Hawaii, and got offered a tour, the 2 thing I remember the most was a 80's model corvette with a crash test dummy behind the wheel, and a the wind shield full of bullet holes.

and a table lined with rows of unusual looking parts, I asked our guild what press were they for, and he replied, oh those are for the miniguns, and all of us quite coolly responded MINIGUNS!!!!!!! this was long before youtube and the Dillon Areo calenders

yep he who dies with the most toys..........

You probably had Jan give you the tour. She knows her stuff. I have taken the tour 3 different times. What impresses me the most is the atitude the employees have towards their job. Always happy and more than willing to answer any questions. That is why my loading bench has 3 650's sitting on it. I strongly recommend anyone in the area swing by and get a tour.

Thanks for sharing! The Dillon tour is on MY to-do list as well. I don't live TOOO far from Scotsdale, I'm here in LC, NM. Sounds like there are great people over there! I love my Dillon and want to tell them so face to face!