Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

It was a great match, very well organized and run. As well as an over the top unreal prize table

Larry really did an excellent job SPECIAL THANKS to FN for their leadeahip in 3fun

Edited by ap3

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to Larry, Linda, and the rest of the team for a great match! The range was top notch and so was the match staff. We really enjoyed the variety of stages and the challenges that they presented. I hope to be back next September for the next one.

Congrats to Tyler Payne in his first big win at the biggest match of the year. Nice job to all the $5,000 division winners, Barry Dueck, Clint Upchurch, Rob Romero, Daniel Horner, and Kurt Miller.

Another big addaboy and addagirl to the Linda and the match admin, Larry, the RO's, range staff, FNH for their dedication to the sport, and all the wonderful sponsors that made it possible for us to have such great matches.

Good luck to everyone later today. You're gonna need it! ;)

Oh and I apologize to anyone I may have Hernan Cained last night. I think the silver haired fox that was bartending was trying to seduce me with every pour. Lol! Great party!!!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Wow! Great contest! Fantastic stages! Lots of guns on the prize table! Well run...results posted quickly and accurately. Not a lot of walking between stages. Well marked targets...if you missed it, probably your fault. Half day format was a success! I liked the choice between shotgun or pistol on some of the steel... and at a perfect distance that it gets in your head to make you think about which weapon to use. Shooting with some of the best in the world...trying to keep up with double their time. What a gas! Shooting the FNs...great to experience new weapons...the Barrett .338 with 18 ounce trigger..(keep your bogger hookers out of the banger hanger). They warned me..I didn't listen. I touched the trigger a milisecond before the buzzer..and what a surprise...hit target...but shot prior to buzzer. 20 Second procedural penalty and 10 second bonus taken away..arrrrggg. That cost me a pistol. After the last pistol was taken from the table they called my name...Gavin Morrison....arrrggg. I know it has happened to all of us. Ha ha...Ya know, I was wondering if that shot before the buzzer was gonna cost me...it did. But I must say I loved that Barrett!!!...just wisper on that trigger and it is sent. Lightest trigger I have ever touched. Learning experience there....but totally loved it. I want one!

I have a new found a new found admiration, respect and honor for FN. I will purchase their products and recommend them to others. They really invested a lot in this competition and I would like to do my part to re-imburse their generousity...they have my vote in any conversations I get in about firearms and weapon systems.

Hats off to the RO's running that hill on Stage 3. I don't know if I could do that hill a hundred plus times. Whew!

I'm fairly new to three gun and just want to thank everyone who helped put this together...I'm hooked. Displaying profeciency with three guns during a competition is so far ahead and above other formats in my opinion...but I do love them all...and its just so much fun!

Regards,

Panic Flinch

Congrats to Tyler Payne in his first big win at the biggest match of the year. Nice job to all the $5,000 division winners, Barry Dueck, Clint Upchurch, Rob Romero, Daniel Horner, and Kurt Miller.

Don't for get Cody Leeper for 1st Junior and 19th overall! I saw a pic of his big $5,000 check.

Their headed to Vegas.

b962d9dc.jpg

From left to right...

Daniel Horner beat Tommy Thacker

Jeff Cramblitt beat Kalani Laker

Phil Strader beat ???Kelly Neal???

Mark Hanish beat ???James Casanova???

Rustin Bernskoetter bear Adam Popplewell

Tyler Payne beat ???Greg Jordan???

Taran Butler beat Jerry Miculek

Mike Voight beat Clint Upchurch

I am not sure if the 1st round pairings for Adam, James, and Kelly are correct.

Congrats guys!!!

Before this turns into another drug out discussion on DQ's and whether or not there is an appropriate % for any given match, members may want to consider that Mutligun Nats and FNH were both two of the most critical matches of the year which in turn dictates that shooters are leaving not room out on the edge of their performance envelope. You can try to blame stage design, abandonment buckets, the sun, moon or any of a number of things but the overriding fact is that when you race, sometimes you crash.

Before this turns into another drug out discussion on DQ's and whether or not there is an appropriate % for any given match, members may want to consider that Mutligun Nats and FNH were both two of the most critical matches of the year which in turn dictates that shooters are leaving not room out on the edge of their performance envelope. You can try to blame stage design, abandonment buckets, the sun, moon or any of a number of things but the overriding fact is that when you race, sometimes you crash.

I wasn't looking to "blame" anything. The stages were great, the staff was great, the rules were simple (be safe). People screw up, they screw up. I am new to the sport and I'm looking at it from all angles. Just curious if its normal, any particular reasons, etc so I dont make the same mistakes in the future. I would not be happy being told to leave after paying $250. So I want to avoid it at all costs.

Words cannot express how badly I felt about giving that particular DQ (i hate them all!). i can't say anything more to protect the identity of the shooter. but suffice to say it is a guy i respect a lot and i hated doing it. it is, without a doubt, the worst part of the job.

I am now finally rested and back to work on a Monday morning. The match was outstanding! Great stages, match crew and prize table.

Thanks to Larry, Linda, FNH and all of the sponsors for making this match happen. The facility is unreal!

To my fellow RO’s on Stage 3 (Duck, Chris, Jeff and Dan) thanks for all of your help. I think we did a pretty good job working together to make that “MONSTER” of a stage run fairly well.

BTW- DQ’ng anyone sucks-DQ’ng your good friend really SUCKS!!!!

On an end note: I have a new leg work out - Go to Peacemaker and run up and down that hill over 200 times!!!!!!