FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my confirmation this morning. Thanks Linda :cheers:

Did anyone else because I sent mine in pretty much the day that it was posted. I can't check to see if the check cleared.

Your confirmation was sent 2-17-11. If you need another copy, I will forward that one if you email me off forum: LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician

Are drop leg holsters allowed in this match? I was reading the rules about the location of belt holsters, but am not sure.

Per the rule book:

Open Division Holster:

5.2.1 Handgun holsters must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement. The belt upon which the handgun holster is attached must be worn at waist level. Shoulder holsters and cross draw holsters are prohibited.

All Other Divisions:

5.3.2 Handgun holsters must be a practical/tactical carry style and must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement. The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols. Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder. The belt upon which the handgun holster is attached must be worn at waist level. Shoulder holsters and cross draw holsters are prohibited.

A drop leg holster is a tactical holster.....as long as it safely retains the firearm it will be allowed.

I was sending out directions,GPS coordinates and a Google map to the Peacmaker Range for a 3gun class we are having there, so I thought I would post them here in case anybody had use for this info.

GPS 39° 21.8176 N 78° 10.8061 W

1. Take I-81 to exit 5 Inwood hwy 51

2. Take HWY 51 west right turn if coming from Martinsburg and go 4.6 miles

3. At the HWY 51 and HWY 45 intersection take a left on to HWY 45 west and go 2.6 miles

4. As you get into Glengary take a left on to McCubbins Hollow road/county road 22 just past their mailbox shack at the main intersection and go 1.0 miles

5. Continue straight on to Brannons Ford road/county road 22/1 and go 1.4 miles until it dead ends at the entrance to the range

6. Come on to the range and drive to the back of the range where we will be located

The google map link is Google map

The roads are good and the only significant grade is on HWY 51 and HWY 45 which are state maintained roads. In West virginia we like to drink a lot when we drive so the roads are wider than usual ;)

Now to Brian's question: Leave the Denny's in E town(quickly as the food is bad) and get on one of them park ways that will take you east to Lexington. Get really frustrated driving through Lexington until you are headed east on I-64. Buy as much Bar-B-Que and Catfish as you can while you are on i-64 and in Kentucky because they don't make good bar-b-que in West Virginia, and don't forget to bring Bourbon. As soon as you cross the state line headed to Charleston never stop to go the bathroom(did you ever see the movie deliverance :wub: ) take 79 north, then at some point 68 then 81 south and you should arrive at some point in the future. After arriving at your hotel after you are secure in your room then it should be safe to go to the bathroom. You might want to avoid drinking a lot of coffee or tea at the Dennys :goof:

Ap3 -

Can you please provide more info about this: "Google map to the Peacmaker Range for a 3gun class we are having there"

The idea of a 3-gun class (hopefully open for registration?) in close proximity to my house is really exciting to me. Thanks!!

Seeing a mention of the excellent restaurant, the Schmankerl Stube; gave me the thought that some of us who live in or visit the area regularly could give some tips to what to see and do during the match. Let me start by fleshing out the Schmankerl Stube (my son who took 2 years of German in High School??, says it means something like secluded nook). This is an extraordinary Bavarian Restaurant located at 58 S. Potomac St. in downtown Hagerstown, Md (perhaps 30 min from the Inwood exit, but worth the trip). They have an excellent menu featuring traditional Bavarian fare. WeinerSchnitzel, red cabbage, spatzel, sausages and... well you get the picture. I have eaten there many times and never had a disappointing meal. Service is pleasant and reasonably fast for a restaurant that is almost always busy. From the Inwood exit travel north into Md. Exit 32 rt 40W, into town and Rt on Potomac (9th light?). www.schmankerlstube.com

The 3gun class is full but PM me your email address for the waiting list as final payment is due next week and the class is achedulwd for first weekend in April

Seeing a mention of the excellent restaurant, the Schmankerl Stube; gave me the thought that some of us who live in or visit the area regularly could give some tips to what to see and do during the match. Let me start by fleshing out the Schmankerl Stube (my son who took 2 years of German in High School??, says it means something like secluded nook). This is an extraordinary Bavarian Restaurant located at 58 S. Potomac St. in downtown Hagerstown, Md (perhaps 30 min from the Inwood exit, but worth the trip). They have an excellent menu featuring traditional Bavarian fare. WeinerSchnitzel, red cabbage, spatzel, sausages and... well you get the picture. I have eaten there many times and never had a disappointing meal. Service is pleasant and reasonably fast for a restaurant that is almost always busy. From the Inwood exit travel north into Md. Exit 32 rt 40W, into town and Rt on Potomac (9th light?). www.schmankerlstube.com

Okay, for this post, you are officially my hero. :wub: Decent German food is nearly non-existent in South Carolina.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician

There is an award winning place in Shepardtown WV for German food called the Bavirian Inn. It might be closer than Hagerstown which is 40 minutes from Inwood

There is an award winning place in Shepardtown WV for German food called the Bavirian Inn. It might be closer than Hagerstown which is 40 minutes from Inwood

Yes, I've only eaten there once, but it was quite good, and Shepardstown is a rather charming little college town. Still, Smankarel Stube is not to be missed if the opportunity exists.