Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 8 Championship - Sept. 1-4

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year was a little bit confusing with which squads started where and what time. But i have run a match and just like anything the more you do it the better you get at it.

was unable to shoot last year due to an injury, but i went down with a buddy who shot it all one day and boy was it a nightmare. we are planning to shoot it again this year, but we are shooting half and half. I like that set up, just hope it is smoother this year, i have faith.

Already registered for VA/MD and Mid-Atlantic. I need to do some sweet-talking at home before I send off the next check. :-) Would like to do NC Sectional too. Don't know if there's that much sweet-talking left in me!

Area 8 last year was my first major match (and only my 3rd USPSA match) so I had nothing to compare to, but I thought the split squadding worked well. Plus it gave the opportunity to shoot with more folks.

I'm curious how I'll handle the self-squadding (never done it) for VA/MD and A8 since I don't know that many folks; don't want to jump in someplace I shouldn't. :unsure:

Last year was a little bit confusing with which squads started where and what time. But i have run a match and just like anything the more you do it the better you get at it.

was unable to shoot last year due to an injury, but i went down with a buddy who shot it all one day and boy was it a nightmare. we are planning to shoot it again this year, but we are shooting half and half. I like that set up, just hope it is smoother this year, i have faith.

I think you'll find the squadding matrix easier to understand this year. All day Friday, or all day Sat, or Sat AM + Sun AM, or Sat PM + Sun AM. On Saturday, some squads will be all day shooters, others will be a mix of all day and halfday shooters. The squad sizes should remain consistant, with a max of 12 per squad. We've put a lot of thought and preparation in the scheduling, which should pay huge didvidends to the competitors.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

A8 Stats

There are a lot of things about squading last year that were less than optimal. But the crew made chicken salad out of it and we averaged just over 3min per shooter, per stage... a testament to EXCELLENT ROs.

Basman and I have worked very hard on a matrix this year that is efficient. Squad size is going to be limited to 12.

Friday will be 10 squads of 12 shooters.

Saturday will be both Full Day and Half Day shooters. The half day shooters can choose from Morning or PM.. and only the 1/2 day shooters will shoot on Sunday to finish the remaining 5 stages. There will be 6 squads of 100% full day shooters. The remaining 4 squads will have 4 all day shooters and 8 - 1/2 day shooters in the morning and 8 -1/2 day shooters in the afternoon.

Seth

Can the Match Director as well as any of the Assisatnt Match Directors from Lower Providence Shoot on Friday as our match is on Saturday? Thanks.

Mike

Friday is no Problem, and we can arrange Thursday if you need it.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Area 8 match Hotel:

Sleep Inn Southpoint

5400 Southpoint Blvd

Fredericksburg, VA

540-710-5500

Ask for Area 8 rate (group 100509)

Other hotels close by:

Wytestone Suites

Comfort Inn

Hampton Inn

Country inn and suites

Already registered for VA/MD and Mid-Atlantic. I need to do some sweet-talking at home before I send off the next check. :-) Would like to do NC Sectional too. Don't know if there's that much sweet-talking left in me!

Area 8 last year was my first major match (and only my 3rd USPSA match) so I had nothing to compare to, but I thought the split squadding worked well. Plus it gave the opportunity to shoot with more folks.

I'm curious how I'll handle the self-squadding (never done it) for VA/MD and A8 since I don't know that many folks; don't want to jump in someplace I shouldn't. :unsure:

I am also registered for VA/MD and Mid-Atlantic. I bought my wife a David Yurman watch to sweeten her up before I hit her with Area 8 and NC Sectional.

• 2 months later...

The match is filling nicely. We're about one third full right now. If you're sitting on the fence and want your first choice of shooting slots, you may want to fill out that application and mail it in.

Tick...tock....tick....tock.

This message brought to you by Area 8 Stats and Registration Team.

• 4 weeks later...

We (wife & I) mailed out our app., first major match, can't wait!

We are glad to see you both coming out for the 2011 EGW Area 8 Championship. You will certainly get alot of experience from attending. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. H!

Its too bad I did not get a sponsorship request letter from Area 8 since we sponsored it last year. Guess no free Rudy Project Glasses this time. hint hint.... LOL

Hey Kevin,

I visited the fist retail store I've even seen selling Rudy's today at North Park Mall in Dallas. They had a decent selection and advised that most of their Rudy's were sold to bike riders. I told them about Rudy and the shooting sports!!

Its too bad I did not get a sponsorship request letter from Area 8 since we sponsored it last year. Guess no free Rudy Project Glasses this time. hint hint.... LOL

Hey Kevin,

I visited the fist retail store I've even seen selling Rudy's today at North Park Mall in Dallas. They had a decent selection and advised that most of their Rudy's were sold to bike riders. I told them about Rudy and the shooting sports!!

Thanks Bro!! We have a couple of Harley dealers going!!

Kevin,

Rudy Project is the official eyewear sponsor for the 2011 Area 8 Championship. I contacted Chris Lupo back in February and he approved the sponsorship. I believe he CC'd you on the e-mail. I'll forward you what I have. Glad to have you guys on board again this year. Let me know (via e-mail) if you have any questions.

Eric Paradisi

2011 Area 8 Championship

Sponsor Coordinator

Edited by Eric P.

The days continue to tick away, only 77 days until Area 8!!!

Lots of Friday slots left, but Saturday and Sunday are almost full. Get those apps in fast unless you want to shoot Friday (or Thursday with staff if you need to). As of 0230 hrs, there are:

Sat all day 4

Sat AM/Sun AM 13

Sat PM/Sun AM 1

I'll be checking my mailbox.

• 2 weeks later...