Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

A couple of scoring questions:

1. I see it has changed from Straight time plus to a system where each stage is worth 100 points (fastest time) Why the change? Seems like this would be more work for the same outcome? I'm new to the 100 point system, just trying to understand.

2. For paper targets:

If you shoot at a target and have all misses, then it is a 20 second penalty? 10 seconds FTN and 5 seconds for each miss? Assuming 2 shots required?

If you don’t shoot at a target it is a 15 second penalty? 10 seconds for not making the hits and 5 seconds for TNE? Assuming 2 shot required?

Confused.

David E.

I'm not the range master or match director but these are pretty straight forward questions with similar answers for almost all outlaw 3 gun matched so here goes.

1. The point system is used to balance the "weight" of each stage. Say for instances you have two stages with 30 rounds each. One if those stages is a long range rifle stage that takes on average 200 seconds simply because of the slower shooting. The other stage is a up close shoot house hose fest that takes 20 seconds. Both stages require the same quantity of shooting but one takes 10x longer. If u use a straight time scoring system the 200 round stage will determine the winners and losers for the match because it's time is weighted so much heavier than a speed shoot.

2. In outlaw scoring u basically get a 5 second penalty for every thing you miss. One miss, 5 second penalty. Two misses, 10 second penalty (5 for each miss) that is called a FTN instead of saying two misses. Skip a target, 3 misses, 2 misses for the bullets and 1 miss for the idiot that ran by the target for a total of 15 seconds and we call it a FTE for simplicity sake.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little terminology difference with 2 above.

Penalties all good for most IMGA matches.

At Rocky Mountain and others you get a 5 second penalty for an FTN (Failure to nuetralize) as you've hit the target, but he's not down. i.e. one hole, not in the A Zone. (Only used on paper)

A miss is no holes on paper, (you shot at it, but missed) or the steel etc didn't fall. That's 10 seconds.

You don't shoot at it, FTE Failure to engage, you get the 10 second miss plus a 5 second procedural for not shooting at it!

That of course doesn't cover high penalty misses etc...but it's the general idea!

I just get grumpy when some matches don't differentiate between a complete miss and a failure to nuetralize, and you get a 10 second miss for both, so wanted to explain the difference as I think hitting it some should be better than not hitting it at all! :angry2:

Team Accurate Armory is all set to attend the AR-15 Pro Am at the Rock. We will be donating to the prize tables a L.E Light Carbine and TI-7 Butt Stocks. Hope everyone has a good time I know I cant wait to attend and compete!!See ya there.

I'm not attending this match, but let me be the first to thank you for your generous donations to the prize table and to our sport, and I hope to see you at other matches in the season.

Thanks and ditto!

Team Accurate Armory is all set to attend the AR-15 Pro Am at the Rock. We will be donating to the prize tables a L.E Light Carbine and TI-7 Butt Stocks. Hope everyone has a good time I know I cant wait to attend and compete!!See ya there.

I'm not attending this match, but let me be the first to thank you for your generous donations to the prize table and to our sport, and I hope to see you at other matches in the season.

Ditto!

How late is registration going to run Thursday? Looks like our group may not hit the lodge until 7-8 pm.

E-mail from Linda shows 12-5 and 7-9 slots at lodge.

Edited by Zukeep

I heard you guys have some Cool uniform shirts too B)

OK, after a little review of latest questions, yes the sight in range will be controlled, we don't want the wild west with 400 folks down there, we aren't hard asses just safety concerned.

Posts will probably be at about 15 yds for teh shoot off, I want wood and brass flying and speed, this will look like a lumberjack competition

Benelli chick post #1002 answered the scoring questions, I do appreciate the help from those experienced jumping in to answer some of these questions as I have been sweating outside more than typing lately

You all are going ot have a good time, I am happy how it is all looking and shaping up, and I am not that easy to make happy (I'm told) (I'm working on that, the shock treatments are making me appreciate the little pleasures more)

rough count from my prize sorting had about 13 transferable items on the AM prize table on Sat night and a few more on the Pro, but still several more blasters coming in this week,

So hopefully about 10% of the Pro's will take home a gun and almost that many on the AM side

Through the generosity of some beloved friends we now have a Swarovski Z6i 1-6 BRT on the table and a nice selection of Dillon reloading products

I appreciate each and every item a sponsor has provided and will leave it in your hands to thank them as you see them at the match and after.

I think we will have many of the main folks from these companies at the event so take the time to let them know how you feel, they are taking the time to support and be there so please put a person and a face to that company and find out how great and down to earth these folks are.

Back to work, see yal'll soon, :cheers:

jeff

I'm very excited about this event and can't wait. Apparently I won't be there until 7ish since I'm riding with Prreed10! Can someone tell me about what post# the round count was shown on here. I didn't want to scroll through 41 pages.

And also a early Thank You to all of the Sponsors and Staff for this match as well.

Can't wait! My zero is on, rounds counted, guns cleaned. Just need to throw it all in the truck. What is a good place to get a decent meal when we get there Thurs.? We plan on checking the stages, and getting a steak when we roll into town.

Can't wait! My zero is on, rounds counted, guns cleaned. Just need to throw it all in the truck. What is a good place to get a decent meal when we get there Thurs.? We plan on checking the stages, and getting a steak when we roll into town.

Not sure where your staying but IMO you will not do any better for the money than the lodge at Rockcastle. They will likely have a buffet all weekend or you can order off the menu. My last 3 trips, I have eaten all my meals there. Prime rib is good (not great) and the price is reasonable.

This was posted earlier, but it's a target count, so at least double it for pistol and rifle:

Am- 49 pistol, 49 rifle, 48 shotgun

Pro- 56 pistol, 60 rifle, 65 shotgun

No slugs IIRC

Shotgun lite

How can we have our Pudding if we don't shoot slugs?

I really can't express how much I'm looking forward to the match and getting to meet a bunch of y'all. The guys at work are pretty well tired of listening to me talk about it. :P

Anyone else staying at the Days Inn down the road in Cave City?

I really can't express how much I'm looking forward to the match and getting to meet a bunch of y'all. The guys at work are pretty well tired of listening to me talk about it. :P

Anyone else staying at the Days Inn down the road in Cave City?

You sound like me when it comes to the guys at work. :roflol:

Nice to see a fellow Buckeye will be there. :cheers: