Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

Do we need to have a shotgun sling?

A rifle sling?

No don't bring one. Limited shooters don't need em :sight:

Last year we used them and you need to be able to move, and take it on and off real fast see ya there

Ryan

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rifle targets.

Paper = ? Distances ?

Steel = Plate size & ranges?

Just curious as to what size and shapes the rifle targets are. I assume they are at a minimum 100 yards clear up to 500.

Based on the last two years, paper targets for pistol and rifle will be under 25 yards. Pistol steel will be anything from various shapes of MGM autopoppers, plate rack or 5" plates from 5 yards to 25 yards, and bigger steel up to 100 yards. Rifle steel will be various shapes of MGM autopoppers from about 60 yards to MGM flashers out to 400+. In years past there has only been 1 target each year over 350, unless I'm wrong, which is quite possible. There were also some of the R&R flashers last year, but I don't know how big they were, I'm guessing about 10"?

Shotgun steel w/ bird shot out to about 20 yards, shotgun steel w/ slugs out to 100, paper slug out to 60 or so.

Thanks Dan, I forgot about the stars. In '09, we shot a star at about 80 yards w/ a rifle. That was FUN! Only w/ a .308 can you clear it w/ 4 rounds. (Not shooting at the center, either.)

THAT star was a hoot! It was the only target I've ever shot from "inside" a tree.......

Hi Folks,

Just an update on the Wounded Warrior Project auction. We have donations from Benelli and Mossberg that will go to the highest bidder! More items are in the pipeline, but we can't announce them yet.

I should have stages up by the end of next week -- still getting things worked out.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Davidson's Gallery of Guns has donated a rifle for the WWP auction. Check it out HERE and call all your cowboy action friends!

Stage design is complete and they are being reviewed. Round count for 2011 is Pistol-177, Rifle-114, Birdshot-98, Slug-30. I hope to have a stage by stage breakdown and the stage diagrams posted on the match website by Monday.

Andy

The Saturday night WWP auction will also feature a CTR-02 donated by JP Enterprises!

Show up ready to take it home....

Stages are posted HERE on the BRM3G Website. Either follow the provided link or go to the Update Page and follow the link to the stages.

The Squad List is posted at the bottom of the Sponsors Page.

See you in four weeks,

Andy

Edited by AFH

Squad 15 for me and I don't recognize a single name on that squad. B)

Squad 19 for me!

I've shot with a couple people in your squad and they are both great guys.

Anyone have some shooting sticks I can borrow?

Edited by DMAC

Babob I recognize a few names in squad 15. The one name that jumps out is Brian Payne. The chief is a good guy and a pretty good shooter

Oh i'm sure it will be a wonderful squad. I just meant that I didn't see anyone that I have shot with before. :D

I don't know where any of these stages will be at yet, but for the most part a 3 gun cart will not be useful. If the terrain is rough enough that you can't drive real close to a stage it's going to be too rough for a cart. In the past few years, the farthest walk from parking area to a stage has been around 100 yards.

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know.

Layout is closest to what you see at RM3G in terms of stages in several different areas where you have to drive, and then might have a short walk. 4-wheel drive was beneficial last year :surprise: