Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Are You Thankful For This Year ?

I figured its time for the annual Thanksgiving thread. Even with so much bad stuff happening in the country and around the world I am sure we all have something to be thankful for.

My List:

I am thankful for my friends who have helped me to fix up my new house.

I am thankful for my health and my family.

I am thankful for a great vacation in Las Vegas with the Women of USPSA.

I am thankful for my crappy job that paid for my house and my vacation.

I am thankful for those that put themselves in harms way to protect others.

Edited by BritinUSA

Nice! :D

My short list of what I am thankful for...

My Family and friends: Fortunately, my employees fall into that group as well.

All of you in the shooting sports: The best people anywhere!

Civil servants: Especially those in the military, we have some great young people protecting our country.

That baseball is only 4 months away (because the Broncos stink).

God's many blessings in my life.

I'm thankful that I am employed and that I was able to provide for my family even if it meant many weeks away from home. Like they say, it's better than the alternative...

I'm thankful for my family and my small group of close friends.

Agreed. This is a great time to reflect on what has made this good to remember.

I'm thankful that my family is healthy.

I'm thankful that my oldest daughter has lived with me this entire year. It's been fun spending more time together and can you say 'tax credit' for the first time in ten years! whoo hoo!!!

I'm thankful that I was able to take my kids to spring break and have a great week.

I'm thankful that my job seems to be fairly secure and that I actually got a mediocre raise instead of the alternative.

I'm thankful that my daughter has been driving most of the year and has focused on being safe.

And the big one this year;

I'm super thankful that a couple of buddies got me back out on the golf course this summer. Hadn't played a game in over twenty years. They got me out there this spring and have been going once sometimes twice a week up till last week or so. Best thing I've done in years! I had forgotten how much I enjoy chasing that stoopid little white ball around. Thanks guys!!!

:cheers:

close on my new house tomorrow

learned weak hand shotgun reload

better relationship with my wife

some pretty good 3gun matches behind me

still got my job, and its still rollin' right along

United States armed forces looking out for us

my dogs (the greyhound is doing great)

helping some new shooters out, getting some into 3gun!

.... and still enjoying life, which is more enriched by input from here.

ken

I am blessed more than I deserve. Thank you God.

Great family, a job that pays my bills, kids that stay out of trouble.

Thankful for the many people past and present that have served so that we can be free.

And the people that I have met since I have started shooting again.

Great thread!

Edited by johnny7

Thankful for being saved.

for my wife & sons

for the knowledge I have earned

for true friends (friends that would help you move furniture :roflol: )

for my freedom (thanks to the service men/women)

for guns, drugs, and airplanes.

take any of these things away, and you would take some happiness from my life.

God Speed,

I'm thankful for:

A gracious and loving God who cares for me, my family and friends

A voluntary Military who gives their time and lives to provided us with the free Country we enjoy.

Good health for my wife and family.

Gainful employment for my wife and I.

Good friends to spend time with.

A free, wonderful, Country to live in.

Enough extra money to enjoy shooting USPSA every chance I get.

Thankful as always to be married to and loved by a woman that is so much more than a simple guy like me deserves.

Thankful for my friends here in the valley of the sun. You guys are the best and truest friends I have ever known.

Thankful that my daughter, though she chooses a path I will never understand, seems happy and in love.

Thankful for having the beginning serious complications of a life of type 1 diabetes as it absolutely lets me appreciate every moment I have and reminds me that most

stuff in this world really isn't worth worrying about.

Thankful to live in the Sonoran desert, the most beautiful place in the world to me.

Thankful that my brother-in-law survived being hit as a pedestrian by a drunk motorist as he worked at a roadside construction job.

The list goes on.........

First with the loss of my mother-I am thankful she does not suffer any more,SHE is with GOD,,

Thankfull for my wife who has been with me longer than some of you have been on this earth

Thankful to live to retire

Thankful for my children and grandchildren being healthy,,I don't we have time to list it all.,

THANK GOD FOR LIFE

I'm thankful for having the priviledge to spend my first full year in the U.S & having an amazing man to share my life with.

To make that relationship solid by sealing it with marriage in February.

Finally being a home owner.

And most of all, having GREAT family & friends to always have my back through thick & thin (even though some of them are further than others).

1 more...having the freedom to be thankful for many things....

I'm thankful for a wife that doesn't go ballistic when I do stuff like show up with a new car.

I'm thankful for my family and my great freinds.

Seeing so many people with health issues I'm very thankful for good health at my age.

I'm thankful for the nice life that has been bestowed on me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :cheers:

In no particular order:

Neomet said it best, about having a wife, who is more woman than I deserve, deign to put up with me....

I'm truly grateful this year to finally be employed again -- after an almost four year layoff, and even more grateful to be working for really good bosses on a really positive and professional team...

I'm grateful for all of the knowledge my instructors shoved in my head during nursing school; every week I'm amazed at what useful tidbits I find stored in my filing cabinets...

I'm grateful for my friends, both in shooting and out -- they're the best folks I know....

I'm grateful for my family, both the folks here, and the folks in Germany....

and, after 9.5 years, I'm grateful to Brian, for his friendship, for the influence he's been on the way I think about and approach challenges, and for this really cool board....