Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P226 X-FIVE OPEN

mrwhite1

Just stay away as far as possible from that gun. My friend had one and after 9k had to replace a slide. After gun came back from factory some trigger parts broke. Totally disaster for such a pricey gun, he payed more than 4k. The gun was imported directly from Sig Sauer custom shop in Germany. Oh the grip, trigger and handling is far worse then any 2011. As Duke Nukem said sig pro shooter uses 2011 instead of X5 claiming that is a custom sig 2011 :D

Around 1989 I built a MAB-PA15 as a 9X21 Major comp gun. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and I always liked being different. When it blew up testing my handloads, I was the first American to place a French satellite into low earth orbit.

That experience notwithstanding, there's usually nothing wrong with being different, but there's often a lot more to be said for being practical and having stuff that works, usually for less cost.

That's all I can say.

-Bruce

Around 1989 I built a MAB-PA15 as a 9X21 Major comp gun. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and I always liked being different. When it blew up testing my handloads, I was the first American to place a French satellite into low earth orbit.

That experience notwithstanding, there's usually nothing wrong with being different, but there's often a lot more to be said for being practical and having stuff that works, usually for less cost.

That's all I can say.

-Bruce

Well....I was going to have you build me an Open MAB in 9mm major after you got done with my SIG. Are you saying your not willing to give the MAB another chance???? :roflol:

That's all I can say.

-Bruce

Well....I was going to have you build me an Open MAB in 9mm major after you got done with my SIG. Are you saying your not willing to give the MAB another chance???? :roflol:

I like the HK open gun Bruce did back in the 90s

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

A little footage of an X-Five Open can be found here: http://www.europeansteelchallenge.nl/

Just look under media and then click on "Marijan Loch OKP"

Then you can see a video of me shooting an X-Five Open in 9mm on Speed Option.

Although it is right that Sig Sauer pistols are a rare occasion in the Open Divison a couple of them are used quite successfully here in Europe/ Germany.

I myself use X-Five based open guns for Steel Challenge matches (with minor pf) and IPSC matches (with major pf) since becoming member of the Sig Sauer IPSC Team in 2004 besides competing in production and standard. A couple of pictures of my guns can be found in the gallery.

I have also attached some pictures of my old shorty set up (shortened X-Five frame with a 226 slide and a C-More) and my current fullsize set up (X-Five 5" with an Aimpoint Micro H1). Both guns are chambered in 9mm.

The extraction problems found on some guns are a problem the factory (here in Germany) works hard on. A new extractor with some dimensional changes is in the pipe. I have got some of the prototypes and these work like a charm. Besides this I have never encountered any serious extraction problems that were not ammo related with any of my 7 X-Five slides. On the other hand I know of customer guns that did not extract right from the beginning. One of these guns was sent to me with one of the new extractors after the customer got a refund and now it works like a charm. So I guess the new design might be the solution. Unfortunately I cannot give any further details concerning availability of the new extractor at the moment. But I can assure that the factory works hard to satisfy all its customers.

Best regards,

Marijan

post-1391-091584600 1291541718_thumb.jpg

post-1391-033746200 1291541739_thumb.jpg

post-1391-069551300 1291541794_thumb.jpg

I I had dropped the coin on what was supposed to be a top of the line near custom factory gun I dont think I'd be too interested in hearing how much the factory cares and would like to give me a hug, Obviously they arnt working very hard, the gun has design flaws even a novice gunsmith can see, It doesnt work with the worlds most common pistol round, and they have no idea when or if they will get around to fixing it.

Selling a handful of competition guns just isnt where the money is, simple as that.

The extraction problems found on some guns are a problem the factory (here in Germany) works hard on. A new extractor with some dimensional changes is in the pipe. I have got some of the prototypes and these work like a charm. Besides this I have never encountered any serious extraction problems that were not ammo related with any of my 7 X-Five slides. On the other hand I know of customer guns that did not extract right from the beginning. One of these guns was sent to me with one of the new extractors after the customer got a refund and now it works like a charm. So I guess the new design might be the solution. Unfortunately I cannot give any further details concerning availability of the new extractor at the moment. But I can assure that the factory works hard to satisfy all its customers.

That is welcome news! Thank you very much for posting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...