Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nothing in the rules as written preclude calibration of rifle targets - we just don't specify a particular procedure. I'll add that to the list of things to think about for the next revision. Of course, a rifle target calibration procedure assumes the RO can actually hit the target :roflol: .

Wouldn't it be kosher for the MD to use a bench/hard rest to "test" calibration? :ph34r: He/she would probably need all the help that they can get before the match. :devil:

Nothing in the rules as written preclude calibration of rifle targets - we just don't specify a particular procedure. I'll add that to the list of things to think about for the next revision. Of course, a rifle target calibration procedure assumes the RO can actually hit the target :roflol: .

Wouldn't it be kosher for the MD to use a bench/hard rest to "test" calibration? :ph34r: He/she would probably need all the help that they can get before the match. :devil:

Have you seen how most MDs shoot ? :D

Seriously, when I am CRO on a stage with reactive rifle targets, I make a point of testing them every morning in front of the first squad so the process is open and transparent. At the 2010 SMM3G I was running the army target stage and tested all the targets each morning with an iron-sighted 7" SBR and Wolf ammo:

Some thing that may help the Ro/ scorekeeper on the Clays is the rule that is used in Sporting Clays. = its not difficult to trail a non shooter to score sporting clays. The Rule states " A Visible piece my be knocked off the target" . I includes wording that the Shot must knock off the piece , as is another clay flying into another and breaking it in the air.

The Visible piece rule is easy for most to understand. The Battle cry "I Saw A Piece"!

But like they say = I don't know nothing

Everything seems better organized and written, easier to follow.

This did make me lol though:

6.3 One or more of the following individual participant categories may be recognized at the discretion of the Match Director:

6.3.1 Lady: Participants who were of the female gender at birth.

Yeah, for some reason Dan got really concerned about ringers in this division. Maybe he saw

shooting in your shotgun match ? :roflol:

Katy is HOT! I like her

Edited by AlamoShooter

6.3 One or more of the following individual participant categories may be recognized at the discretion of the Match Director:

Yeah, for some reason Dan got really concerned about ringers in this division. Maybe he saw

shooting in your shotgun match ? :roflol:

Katy is HOT! I like her

Having RO'd her, I would say that she loses much of her appeal up close! But she did smell good after Stage 2.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: By popular demand, the rifle power factor for Heavy Metal has been amended to be consistent with USPSA rules... it is now reduced to 320. New rules will be up shortly. Fire up those AK47s ladies :roflol: .

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I have a question about heavy metal scope division. It looks as if you can have a scoped rifle in 30 cal and above and a semi-auto shotgun(12gauge) and a handgun .44 cal and above. It seems that all of the guns are different from the standard heavy metal division except the hand gun. It seems it would be easier to attract more competitors(in my humble and ignorant opinion) to the open heavy metal division if you allowed 40 s&w in that division. I do not have 30 cal rifle currently but that is the next gun on my list.

Thank you

Bryon 45

There is nothing heavy about a 165 power factor 45 either. :sight: It would seem that heavy metal would be a 175 or 180 power factor like SOF used. I am just saying :rolleyes: When I started 3-gun I shot 180 PF .40 at all the local matches to get ready for SOF(I didn't say I was bright.) :roflol:

I just fiqured out how to use the emoticons, can you tell?

Should say sex, not gender.

Bryon 45

There is nothing heavy about a 165 power factor 45 either. :sight: It would seem that heavy metal would be a 175 or 180 power factor like SOF used. I am just saying :rolleyes: When I started 3-gun I shot 180 PF .40 at all the local matches to get ready for SOF(I didn't say I was bright.) :roflol:

I just fiqured out how to use the emoticons, can you tell?

You got that right, it should be a 180pf for handgun! :) I actually don't like the whole power factor thing. Chronos only slow up a match. That's the problem I see with allowing anything shorter than 7.62x51 in HM. You almost have to chrono then. I know some guys down load 7.62x51, but that requires quite a bit more effort.

I have to confess though- I've started using low recoil slugs in my Nova- not because of the low recoil, but they are very accurate.

Should say sex, not gender.

Sorry, that word makes me blush and giggle like a schoolgirl :P

Mildots, there is nothing heavy about a .40.

I'm not sure it shouldn't be called HM Lite if the PF is dropping to an anemic 320.

But there is something heavy about a 10mm, which is excluded...

It is just a set of rules. They make them, we are supposed to follow them.

I have a nice 380 PF load for my .260, which I would shoot in HM, but it is not allowed.

Mildots, there is nothing heavy about a .40.

I'm not sure it shouldn't be called HM Lite if the PF is dropping to an anemic 320.

But there is something heavy about a 10mm, which is excluded...

It is just a set of rules. They make them, we are supposed to follow them.

I have a nice 380 PF load for my .260, which I would shoot in HM, but it is not allowed.

Agreed. The PF is not there to allow calibers, but rather to prevent underpowered .45s.