Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

opinion

LIQUIDASSETS-MT

I have a Quinn II mount and love it, I will never go back to a standard mount. My open gun is short so I like the fact that the Quinn is mounted further back. I have had no problems whatsoever with the location, the only thing is that I have to wipe the oil mist off the lens a couple of times a match, but I run my gun pretty wet.

First I have 2 Quinn 1, the old Quinn. I just built a new gun and went with the Cheely Mount as it positions the C-More more like the old Quinn 1. The Quinn II moves the C-More to the rear of the slide.

Compare the postion of the C-more on these two (top is Cheely bottom is Quinn I), to the current Quinn II

http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=794

Notice the gun in the white does not have cocking serrations to the end of the slide, well it does now, I got them added this week to make it eaier to rack and clear.

If you have poppel holes or a short then you will want to get the Quinn II and deal with the C-more being in your way if it is.

I like it forward.

Cheely mount puts the lense closer up front. I like that too. When the mount is too far back, the cmore isn't as centered over the trigger guard, and the back of the cmore sticks out a bit. The Quinn 1 in my opinion was better than the 2. and it didn't mes with my draw. Neither did the cheely mount, and it appears .030 lower than the Quinn. The cheely is the lowest frame mounted cmore mount. It balances really well. As I build my 1st open gun, I have an idea for a frame mounted blast shield. It's too simple for words and I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

There are already a couple of long(ish) threads on this. I'll post one, and it has a link to another in it, as well.

Personally, having used the conventional mounts for so long, the sideways mounts aren't for me. I ran one of the Quinn I mounts for about 6mos and never got all that comfortable with it. I don't like having more weight on one side of the gun, if I can help it. For 9 Major guns, they're really handy, and help them from a reliability standpoint, as many 9 Major guns will sometimes throw a case straight up, not matter how well tuned they are.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108671&view=findpost&p=1235543

Cheely mount puts the lense closer up front. I like that too. When the mount is too far back, the cmore isn't as centered over the trigger guard, and the back of the cmore sticks out a bit. The Quinn 1 in my opinion was better than the 2. and it didn't mes with my draw. Neither did the cheely mount, and it appears .030 lower than the Quinn. The cheely is the lowest frame mounted cmore mount. It balances really well. As I build my 1st open gun, I have an idea for a frame mounted blast shield. It's too simple for words and I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

Actually, Matt's isn't lower than the Quinn II.... Also, we have thought about blast shields, but ANY blast shield will intrude into your view through the lens. I found that more people liked them back further and it also helps prevent blast damage with short guns or ones with barrel holes. I didn't want to have to deal with both forward and back, and Matt's is back, so I dropped it.

JT

Quinn Engineering

Edited by JThompson

JT, first let me say it was first between you and the Barry mount. And I really liked the 1. IWhen I used the same holes to mount cheelys mount, the clearance on my tri topped gun sat almost on my slide. I was worried it was going to rub and I may have to either grind some cmore off or mill out mounting slots to mount it higher. I don't know how you can get lower..030 is pretty darn low. I don't know how it would work with a conventional round top slide, it sits that low. I like both your's and matt's. I'm not a poster boy for either of you. Though you both seem nice enough. :) the thread is called opinion. There's mine. :cheers:

JL

Edited by 818-DVC

JT, first let me say it was first between you and the Barry mount. And I really liked the 1. IWhen I used the same holes to mount cheelys mount, the clearance on my tri topped gun sat almost on my slide. I was worried it was going to rub and I may have to either grind some cmore off or mill out mounting slots to mount it higher. I don't know how you can get lower..030 is pretty darn low. I don't know how it would work with a conventional round top slide, it sits that low. I like both your's and matt's. I'm not a poster boy for either of you. Though you both seem nice enough. :) the thread is called opinion. There's mine. :cheers:

JL

That's what I'm saying, the II is lower than the I was....

JT

I went from shooting limited to open, I could not find the dot with the conventenal mount. I will admit that I did not spend a lot of time training with it.

Put on a Quinn II and it was just there!

I cant feel any weight on the side of the gun, Don't get any blast residue(3 popple holes) but do get some oil from the ejection port on rear side of lens if I run the gun really wet.

Also use the Quinn racker and so far haven't had any draw issues.

FWIW

Mildot

JT, first let me say it was first between you and the Barry mount. And I really liked the 1. IWhen I used the same holes to mount cheelys mount, the clearance on my tri topped gun sat almost on my slide. I was worried it was going to rub and I may have to either grind some cmore off or mill out mounting slots to mount it higher. I don't know how you can get lower..030 is pretty darn low. I don't know how it would work with a conventional round top slide, it sits that low. I like both your's and matt's. I'm not a poster boy for either of you. Though you both seem nice enough. :) the thread is called opinion. T

here's mine. :cheers:

818-dvc i have a quinn2 on my gun. it is .019 from the slide and works great. i love it and will never go back to a convensional mount.

Edited by Flexmoney
to add quote tags

That is why they make chocolate and vanilla. There is only subjective opinion. I respect all of them unless you said chocolate & vanilla are ok, but I really like bacon flavored icecream..

JL

perhaps I'll try a Quinn II on my next gun. I'm pretty set with 90• mounts, and traditional mounts. I just hacked the legs off a serendipity maybe I'll try a Quinn II with.

I had my new Open gun built with a Quinn II mount; I love the thing because it positions the dot on the C More so low on my flat-topped slide that I have no problems picking it up. The dot is only a little higher than where the fiber optic front sight would be. I shoot Limited 75% or more of the time and switch back and forth between L10 and Open (I dabble in Open mainly for fun). I don't know if I could attribute this to the mount, but on my first stage today I forgot to turn on the dot and was able to hose and get good hits on my first array just by indexing and looking through the C More window :goof:. Never tried a Cheely mount, but it looks quality and does the same thing I guess. Its all about preference.

I transitioned from Limited to Open in about 3 draws with the 90* mount. Draw, there's the dot. Easy pie.

So my opinion is that it does EXACTLY what is advertised. In my 9major gun, about every 20th case went STRAIGHT up, even though the previous 19 went out at 3 o'clock dead flat. The 90* mount eliminated the scope mount induced jam.

I never noticed the scope body in the middle of my vision (fortunately my eyes are split by my nose) and I didn't feel any weight differential.

Getting my gun back from Dan Bedell tomorrow sporting a new Cheely mount. I've had mixed emotions about changing but after a review of my years shooting, I recall several occasions where a lower mount would have made a scoring difference. I've still got my original mount so I can change back if needed. I'm going to give it enough time to get comfortable with.

The Quinn II Horizontal C-more/STI mount places your C-More Slide Ride scope at 90 degrees compared to traditional mounts, drastically lowering the height of the dot to the bore and completely removing any obstruction of the ejection port. Due to the lower dot the shooter is no longer forced to compensate their aiming point on very close or long distance targets as they are with traditional scope mounts.

By eliminating obstructions to ejected brass your gun will be more reliable, there is nothing for the brass to hit and jam the gun. Standard gun reliability and Standard gun simplicity of aiming near and far.I use now every magazine on the market without any problem (STI,SVI or SPS)

You see on the pic my gun have scope mount including thumb rest,I read few post to some shooter have a problem with thumb rest and I tell you isnt true!!!

QUINN 2 is the best mount on the market, respect to all but QUINN on the first place!!!!post-15680-063854300 1289844933_thumb.jp

post-15680-056299200 1289845197_thumb.jp