Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

Well since the cats out of the bag.. Well at least its head is out of the bag, what are you looking at for numbers of shooters in each division, since Tac Op, is on its own 3 day rotation?

Not sure anyone got that far into the app. I think the DB broke trying to serve up that page.

Well I guess the proper word would be how many they are "expecting" to allow in each division :)

This is what I have alloted:

65 paid shooters

30 staff

35 sponsored shooters

Total of 130 shooters in each match. By the way, no one got registered last night. More to follow.

Adios,

TG

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis,

You probably have considered this already but what about a lottery for the remaining slots? This would avoid everyone trying to register at the same time and bringing servers without enough bandwidth to their knee's.

Also when you stated that you have planned on about 65 paid shooters per match, are these 65 slots in addition to the shooters that were already allowed to register or do the shooters who were allowed to register early take away from a total of 65 paid slots?

Just cruious about how many slots are really left.

Thank You,

Jeff

Travis,

You probably have considered this already but what about a lottery for the remaining slots? This would avoid everyone trying to register at the same time and bringing servers without enough bandwidth to their knee's.

Also when you stated that you have planned on about 65 paid shooters per match, are these 65 slots in addition to the shooters that were already allowed to register or do the shooters who were allowed to register early take away from a total of 65 paid slots?

Just cruious about how many slots are really left.

Thank You,

Jeff

Exactly what he posted, no one was able to register due to the system crashing, Also its 65 for Tact-Lim, Trooper, Open, Heavy Optics. And A extra 65 for those shooting Tac Ops, It does feel that the numbers are a bit low considering how many people want to shoot this match but I'll bet they'll adjust when they see fit.

Low cost & quick ideas to settle this (and not destroy the whole internet)

R.P.S. Rock, Paper, Scissors (International Tournament rules)

Mumblety-peg

Death Race 3000 (you start in your home town with a photo with your just published local newspaper and the first 10 to get to Caldwell ID. in the quickest elapsed time per mile win a spot)

((Law Enforcement and Public safety cannot play this version))

(((25 bonus minutes if you get through Oregon without a speeding ticket)))

Bombard the "Gibson lady folk" with massive quantities of Mystery Valentine flowers and chocolates and little sparkly things while the Men folk work on digging out of this mess and rebuilding the internet. (If enough attention is paid by a mysterious 'Gentlemen from afar" an extra application could just be "Slipped” in to the stack on the dining room table next week.

Just trying to help.

Low cost & quick ideas to settle this (and not destroy the whole internet)

R.P.S. Rock, Paper, Scissors (International Tournament rules)

Mumblety-peg

Death Race 3000 (you start in your home town with a photo with your just published local newspaper and the first 10 to get to Caldwell ID. in the quickest elapsed time per mile win a spot)

Bombard the "Gibson lady folk" with massive quantities of Mystery Valentine flowers and chocolates and little sparkly things while the Men folk work on digging out of this mess and rebuilding the internet. (If enough attention is paid by a mysterious 'Gentlemen from afar" an extra application could just be "Slipped" in to the stack on the dining room table next week.

Just trying to help.

#3.....go.

Adios,

TG

Hey guys,

Sorry for the problem. I'm the guy behind the website registration... thought we had it dialed in, got a few kinks worked out early and WHAM! ran head long into this.

I knew that the MGM Ironman was highly anticipated match, but didn't realize how much till last night. I had a web issues that we've cleared up, and we are working with our host company to streamline and get the right system in place to handle the 10 minutes of crazy love you guys have ready to unleash.

Right now we are going to aim for mid next week. Get things reset, do a little load testing and try it again. If the testing doesn't go well, we have a Plan B in the works as well, and a Plan C. check the web page for details, right now it say's Wed, but that is tentative.

I think I like option 3 as well, death race to Caldwell.

My humblest apologies to the 3 gun masses... I have to admit, that's the first time a host company has pulled the plug on me before... not sure if I should get a shirt made or not.

Brian K.

#3.....go.

Adios,

TG

TG, I am at your front door knocking with two other 3-gunners, the neighbors are starting to get restless. :roflol:

As tac optics is the most popular choice, it may be easier to find a slot with the trooper, open, limited, heavy tac guys. Flexibility may be rewarded, and there will be top quality competitors in every division. Shooting trooper at the Ironman is an experience that can not be equalled by any other match, everyone should try it at least once. Travis puts on a fantastic match even if he does discriminate against heavy metal shooters, it would be worth changing divisions to shoot this match.

:D

So here is the latest and greatest. Ironman registration starts tonight at 19:00 MST for the OLHOT match. The ST match registration will open at 19:30. We are doing this to try and lessen the strain on the server. If you are a ST shooter DON'T TRY TO SIGN UP EARLY!!! IT WON'T WORK!! IF I FIND OUT YOU TRIED TO SIGN UP EARLY I'M KICKING YOU OUT AND GIVING YOUR SLOT AWAY!!! Thanks for your cooperation :)

Adios,

TG

Just registered in Trooper, but didn't see an option to pay online. was there no option?

also

You will recieve a confirmation email within 7 days confirming your participation or placement on the waiting list

:mellow:

No, you have to mail it in within 7 days.

Started the registration at 9:01 PM for Open, finished at 9:03 PM.

Not bad for standing on the side of the road, in the dark, in -4 degree weather to register on my iPhone.

(Don't ask..)

Registration "went" through, got the email and everything.

Now just waiting on the acceptance of the registration.

Fingers crossed.

Just registered in Trooper, but didn't see an option to pay online. was there no option?

also

You will recieve a confirmation email within 7 days confirming your participation or placement on the waiting list

No, you have to mail it in within 7 days.

The way I read the email I got was the payment was due within 7 days of acceptance of the registration. I take that to mean that once you get an email confirming you are in you have 7 days. If that's wrong someone please tell me!

also

no option, credit card machine broken??

yes...cc machine broken.

If you were told you had 7 days to mail in your check, AND you recieved a confirmation e mail, you are in....as long as I have your check in 7 days. Mail it to the MGM office. Thanks.

Adios,

TG

ETA:

I might have been a little unclear on this. AFTER you recieve an e mail from Tony who is doing the registration confirming you are in, you have 7 days to mail in a check. Hope this helps.

Adios,

TG

Edited by tgibson

If I already registered for one match (and got in), do I still need to wait until April 1st to get on the waiting list for the other match?

I'm not seeing that restriction anymore.

Nope. You can sign up now. Waiting list should be open.

Adios,

TG