Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time going to this match, and it looks like alot of fun. I like the all day match format as it is always more relaxed and gives you time to visit with friends.

For those that cannot get to the range by 6PM on Thursday, what time is late registration on Friday morning?

Disregard. I changed my flight to come into PHX earlier.

Edited by boomfab

For those who have shot the match before, what is the normal max distance for both rifle and slug shots? For LR rifle, what size are the typical targets? Same question for slug targets - paper or steel?

They use LaRue's or 2/3 IPSC steel with strobes at 300-325 and 10" flashers out to 200-225. Last year they had these odd computer run pop-up and scored plastic targets that looked like racing car seats. They were man sized and were from 75 to 125.

The farthest we've shot slugs has been about 75 but and they used either full size cardboard IPSC or 18x24 steel and nearly always shoot unsupported.

Edited by TMC

As a spectator planning to attend Sunday, what time should I show up? Is it ok to bring 2 well-behaved kiddos?

I'd say by 7 if you want to see all stages shot. Make sure the kids have well fitted eye and ear protection and bring 'em. I'd keep them away from the rifle racks. If you have questions, it is good form to ask a shooter a few minutes AFTER he has attempted a stage. Have fun!

MarkCO,

Thanks for the info. I definitely have eyes and years covered. My girls are low key and are good about not touching anything. They've enjoyed going out shooting themselves quite a few times. See you guys at the match!

For those who have shot the match before, what is the normal max distance for both rifle and slug shots? For LR rifle, what size are the typical targets? Same question for slug targets - paper or steel?

They use LaRue's or 2/3 IPSC steel with strobes at 300-325 and 10" flashers out to 200-225. Last year they had these odd computer run pop-up and scored plastic targets that looked like racing car seats. They were man sized and were from 75 to 125.

The farthest we've shot slugs has been about 75 but and they used either full size cardboard IPSC or 18x24 steel and nearly always shoot unsupported.

Thanks for the info! :cheers:

As a spectator planning to attend Sunday, what time should I show up? Is it OK to bring 2 well-behaved kiddos?

Please do bring the Kiddos, the future of our sports depends on the them.

Some of the shooters are like Race Car divers, = they put allot of preparation into the race.

Catch the shooters when they are in a group, if you catch a shooter off by them selfs = they are probably preparing to race. Or trying to shake off a bad run. No one wants to get approached in a race rage after a crash. ;)