Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shotgun

EEH

A buddy of mine had something similar happen, but it was while duck hunting. 3 year old 1187 super mag - fired one shot at a duck, went to take a second and the barrel was gone. The barre/gas lug separated from the barrel and when the second shell chambered, the force pushed the barrel forward. Remington replaced it under warranty.

Might be a good idea to move this since it in the "Hate" forum.

EEH, Do you mind if we move this to the shotgun section, so it can continue as a discussion?

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

GOOD IDEA DO IT Eddie

Ok....Ok....it was my gun and here is the scoop on what happened.......i was using up some old shells that i had accumulated over the years....i looked in the bag that held these old shells and found what looked like a piece of parchment with the load data on it....these shells had 1 3/8 oz of #4 shot with around 37 grains of blue dot at 1300 fps....the recoil was so violent that it pulled the extension tube off of the mag tube even with two brackets......i looked at the threads that were available for use in front of foreend and there were only three....i think i've remedied the problem by removing material on the front of the plastic foreend so i've now got 5 threads availalbe to engage the extension.....this was the last stage of the 3 gun match and was pistol and shotgun and i hadn't had too good of a day and i didn't figure i had much to use if the shells didn't work......i shot the last three clays with my pistol (hope the range master doesn't see this post)...........D I C K

Ok....Ok....it was my gun and here is the scoop on what happened.......i was using up some old shells that i had accumulated over the years....i looked in the bag that held these old shells and found what looked like a piece of parchment with the load data on it....these shells had 1 3/8 oz of #4 shot with around 37 grains of blue dot at 1300 fps....the recoil was so violent that it pulled the extension tube off of the mag tube even with two brackets......

Now we know how to make an 1100 into a 550 :roflol::roflol:

If these were shells you loaded, I would get a new reloading manual and start loading down to 1 1/8. The loads over the years have come down and I doubt that you will find any load for 2 3/4 shells that hold that much blue dot. I have a 3" mag 1100 that has not been drilled out and it functions fine with a 3 dram load. No reason to be loading MAX DRAM!

If these aren't your loads, then throw them away!

Ok....Ok....it was my gun and here is the scoop on what happened.......i was using up some old shells that i had accumulated over the years....i looked in the bag that held these old shells and found what looked like a piece of parchment with the load data on it....these shells had 1 3/8 oz of #4 shot with around 37 grains of blue dot at 1300 fps....the recoil was so violent that it pulled the extension tube off of the mag tube even with two brackets......i looked at the threads that were available for use in front of foreend and there were only three....i think i've remedied the problem by removing material on the front of the plastic foreend so i've now got 5 threads availalbe to engage the extension.....this was the last stage of the 3 gun match and was pistol and shotgun and i hadn't had too good of a day and i didn't figure i had much to use if the shells didn't work......i shot the last three clays with my pistol (hope the range master doesn't see this post)...........D I C K

It's tough keeping up with us Saiga's.

It's tough keeping up with us Saiga's.

ALL YOU CAN DO IS TRY TRY TRY