Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Stage Ever....

jid2

A fun topic, what was the best stage you've had the privilege of shooting? Not necessarily the hardest, or craziest - but the one/ones that were a true joy to shoot. Detailed descriptions, pictures, videos, and diagrams welcome and encouraged.

Edited by jid2

I will have to second the roller coaster stage at area 2 more than a few years ago. I think it was the 2006 Area 2 and I had only been back to shooting USPSA for a year and so I had a great time. I didn't shoot it the first day and saw the interim results that lots were zeroing the stage including some big names. I decided to be conservitve in how I shot it. I rode the brake some to make sure I didn't roll by any targets and ended up getting 14th in limited on that stage.

Neal in AZ

Challenging and freakin tough: 2010 KS Sectional, Hickock Standard. Fixed time, Virginia count.

String 1: 75 yards freestyle, 2 rounds on T1, 4 seconds

String 2: 50 yards freestyle, 4 rounds on T2, 4 seconds

String 3: 25 yards freestyle, 6 rounds on T3, 4 seconds

Joe W.

I designed a stage for Area 1 this year (Stage 2 "North to Alaska"). I designed it with several ways to shoot it, and wasn't even sure which would be the best way. I was the CRO for the stage and witnessed at least 12 different ways to shoot it. Many of the top shooters did it in different ways, but in the end, their times were all pretty similar. It was a ton of fun watching over 300 people try to figure it out.

You start out with your hands on a port. You can see targets from that port, through another port/doorway that you can engage right away, or you can engage them later. Here it is:

http://idahouspsa.com/area1/stages/2-north.pdf

I designed a stage for Area 1 this year (Stage 2 "North to Alaska"). I designed it with several ways to shoot it, and wasn't even sure which would be the best way. I was the CRO for the stage and witnessed at least 12 different ways to shoot it. Many of the top shooters did it in different ways, but in the end, their times were all pretty similar. It was a ton of fun watching over 300 people try to figure it out.

You start out with your hands on a port. You can see targets from that port, through another port/doorway that you can engage right away, or you can engage them later. Here it is:

This was in fact an EXCELLENT stage. Even though I had to three times with the rest of the RO's that day. LOL I ended up 8th overall on that stage and was one of my better stages.

Here's video from that stage. Fast forward to 1:03

Off the top of my head, from this season these were memorable...

Fastforward to 4:33 mark

Fastforward to 3:45 mark. Would have been much better had I been able to get that last shot off in time. :-) This was one of the most fun match for sure, being on the super duper squad, lol.

Edited by Aristotle

Blue Ridge Mountain 3 gun '10- Stage 8. From start to finish was about 60 yards or so. The start position was back about 40 yards into the cave. The shooter was provided a Surefire flashlight. No walk-thru, no target count.

Has anyone shot in a cave other than at this match?

(This is not me.)

Edited by Bryan 45

Great stage and stage design. I would like to use this for a local match, credit going to larry(L3001)Where did you get the stage design software? Please post more great stage designs.

ANY stage where I have to run straight up-range. LOVE IT! :)

From my memory, I can only remember shooting stages like this a handful of times, as it's not something stage designers often create.

Awesome :cheers:

I agree - any stage that involves running around and/or backing up with with a gun ups the fun factor for me.

Yup - we don't back up or run as much as they do in Europe. Check out this video (SKIP TO 10:26)

Edited by DyNo!

Hello all

I have to say stage 19 world shoot in South Africa 2002, in standard! i took a gold medal on that stage.The great one way behind (99,something phu) this was a big moment for me, my friends got the original score sheet and framed it, was wery hard to get. Have to say good shooting friends.

Rino

Norway