Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK Expert vs. CZ 75 Shadow

Uomu

Hi,

I have a Glolck 35 (.40 S&W) with Mag welll extensions, Warren Tactical Sights and Dale Frike holster. This is a very good gun - fast and reliable (for targeting and combat shooting). It is my third Glock, after other 3 Berettas, 1 Walther and 1 Makarov. Now I’m going to try another pistol, but in 9x19 mm, up to 1000$ (CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow, HK USP Expert, Glock 34 or Bul M5 VJet). Here (in one European Union’s country) theses pistols have almost the same prices for military staff. I’ll use the new pistol primary for IPSC (production class) events and then for daily missions or self-defense too.

So please tell me, what do you think about these or other quality pistols? Personally I’d like to buy HK Expert or CZ 75 Shadow but I’ve never shoot with Expert (and nobody have this pistol here). But I shoot many rounds with HK P30L and CZ 75 Shadow and from them I prefer the Shadow.

Thanks.

Now Im going to try another pistol, but in 9x19 mm, up to 1000$ (CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow, HK USP Expert, Glock 34 or Bul M5 VJet).

i own both shadow and glock, pretty much same price range(100-150$ give or take),one is plastic while the other is full steel,feel is completly different from one to another. :sight:

the shadow is probably the best prod gun out of the box, even in stock form the shadow trigger get more praises than all the glocks on earth(flame me). the shadow,you get a realy good value for the price,and some minor tweaks make this gun even better from what we ear all the time. :cheers:

this said... for some reasons i shoot the glock better at the matches, with more consistency :wacko: ...in my case it's all related to grip/ergo , just showing the one i paid more for isn't the one i shoot the best,but still , i like the CZ look much better if compared to the '''brick'''. :D:blink:

i dont see many H&K's at the matches.???dont own one myself. :sick:

i've been close of a BULL M5 IPSC 40 gun deal but backed off at the end for a CZ TS instead,always been very intrigued by this gun and i'd like to ear about that gun or the V-JET too!

Edited by sigsauerfan

Look at the equipment surveys at major IPSC, USPSA,IDPA, or pretty much any type of action pistol sports. You will rarely if ever see a HK in the winners circle or even the top ten. There are reasons for that.

Competition is a crucible, that which doesnt work or dosent live up to it's hype will quickly be cast aside in favor of more suitable tools.

I have owned a Expert in 9mm and in the end I didn't like it.

The slide/sights sit higher in your hands than a CZ and what annoyed me mostly is that the way the trigger pivots felt strange to me. When I pulled the trigger I felt the trigger sliding under my finger. And lastly I like to shoot with my thumb on the safety and on the HK the lever sits too high so my thumb kept sliding off.

It felt great in the gunshop, but I was dissapointed while actually shooting it. Now I shoot a stainless CZ-75B with competition sights and competition hammer and I shoot it so well that I sold my STI Edge ;-)

Edited by pevadijk

1. Look at the equipment surveys at major IPSC, USPSA,IDPA, or pretty much any type of action pistol sports.

2. Competition is a crucible, that which doesnt work or dosent live up to it's hype will quickly be cast aside in favor of more suitable tools.

1. Have you a link for that equipment surveys?

2. I like very much this expresion: inside the crucible.

Thanks

Is it CZ Shadow comparable (as quality and performance) with Para High Capacity or with the STI’s pistols (at medium price)? Here we have a CZ representative. Which one from their pistol do you think will fit best the IPSC competitions?

Please tell me about other type of top pistol (9x19, up to 1200$) which seem to be better than CZ into the dynamic shooting events. If I’ll decide to import a very good pistol from the US, I have to add more than 50% to the initial pistol price.

HK if you live in a swamp. CZ most everything else...your mileage may vary

Quality - both great

Trigger feel - CZ

Fit to me - CZ

Marketing cool factor - HK

Just some random, under coffee'd thoughts...

The Shadow is absolutely the best pistol for IPSC production division.

Consider that the G34 isn't legal for IPSC production division, and that IPSC has a mandatory 5 lb trigger pull weight for the first shot. This means you can either have a Shadow with a 5 lb first trigger pull, and a 2 lb trigger for every shot thereafter, or you can have a Glock 17 with a 5 lb. trigger for every single shot.

I think for USPSA production division, the G34 has a slight edge over the Shadow. But I'm still getting used to the Shadow and only time will tell which I think is better for USPSA. However, for IPSC, the Shadow beats the G17 every time.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Go with the CZ for all of the reasons previously mentioned. Additionally I would add that; in the event, you ever decide to sell it, you will probably get more of your original purchase costs back and it will be easier to sell as well.

Go with the CZ for all of the reasons previously mentioned. Additionally I would add that; in the event, you ever decide to sell it, you will probably get more of your original purchase costs back and it will be easier to sell as well.

I think the HK might actually gain value over time just because HK has such a cult following

I think the HK might actually gain value over time just because HK has such a cult following

It is certainly possible.

I base my comments on seeing a few being put up for sale and not selling in my local area. Selling on a national forum may very well be easier.

Is it CZ Shadow comparable (as quality and performance) with Para High Capacity or with the STIs pistols (at medium price)? Here we have a CZ representative. Which one from their pistol do you think will fit best the IPSC competitions?

Please tell me about other type of top pistol (9x19, up to 1200$) which seem to be better than CZ into the dynamic shooting events. If Ill decide to import a very good pistol from the US, I have to add more than 50% to the initial pistol price.

Another option would be the tanfoglio stock 2 or 3 they are very good guns as well, they are similar to the CZ but I think the fit and finish on them is better than the sp01

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I think for USPSA production division, the G34 has a slight edge over the Shadow. But I'm still getting used to the Shadow and only time will tell which I think is better for USPSA. However, for IPSC, the Shadow beats the G17 every time.

2013 nationals

1st tanfoglio Eric the great but he would win with a hipoint

2nd tanfoglio Ben

3rd did Dave shoot his FN?

4th did TGO shoot a XD?

2012 nationals

1st tanfoglio

2nd tanfoglio

3rd CZ

It's hard to see a edge going to the G34, don't get me wrong I like my glocks and that's what I have been shooting lately but I don't think it give me a edge

2013 nationals

2nd tanfoglio Ben

4th did TGO shoot a XD?

2012 nationals

1st tanfoglio

2nd tanfoglio

3rd CZ

It's hard to see a edge going to the G34, don't get me wrong I like my glocks and that's what I have been shooting lately but I don't think it give me a edge

You drug up a 3+ year old thread?

Fwiw, I went from G34 to stock Shadow back to G34 to Mink-tunes AA Shadow. It was the tuning that made the difference, and now I would tell you that for me, the shadow blows the Glock out of the water.

Next you should go find a thread from 1980 and tell those fools how open guns with comps and red dots are the future. Use modern data to prove your point.

2013 nationals

2nd tanfoglio Ben

4th did TGO shoot a XD?

2012 nationals

1st tanfoglio

2nd tanfoglio

3rd CZ

You drug up a 3+ year old thread?

Fwiw, I went from G34 to stock Shadow back to G34 to Mink-tunes AA Shadow. It was the tuning that made the difference, and now I would tell you that for me, the shadow blows the Glock out of the water.

Next you should go find a thread from 1980 and tell those fools how open guns with comps and red dots are the future. Use modern data to prove your point.

:sight::sight: