Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

They are back in stock at Buds. Just placed an order for one. Their notification service is useless BTW; I was subscribed to receive a notification when they had them back in stock and never got one.

Hey just checked there site and it is still showing Out of stock did you place it online or by calling? I am trying to get one for a 3 gun next weekend but haven't been having any luck so just curious.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are back in stock at Buds. Just placed an order for one. Their notification service is useless BTW; I was subscribed to receive a notification when they had them back in stock and never got one.

Hey just checked there site and it is still showing Out of stock did you place it online or by calling? I am trying to get one for a 3 gun next weekend but haven't been having any luck so just curious.

I ordered it through their website, but they are now showing out of stock again.

I ordered it through their website, but they are now showing out of stock again.

Thanks for your help!

Just ordered mine this morning from JSC. They only had 3 in stock, now they have 2.

What, who and where is JSC? Link? I need to reduce their inventory by one!

Thanks

Its a wholesaler, FFL sales only

I could sell you one, it would be just as expensive as Bud's. I had been waiting, watchingtheir webiste, visiting everyday several times a day, and then they appear, and I pounch, should have mine by next Tuesday. These things went quick, I was online at 8am MST and the Dayton hub only had 3 left in stock, by 10am they were all gone. Good luck.

I got mine last Friday, and went straight to the range and put about 100 rounds through it (100 was all I had with me).

First impressions: this gun loads much easier that my 11-87 w/Dave's easyloader. The action cycles smoothly, and will get smoother as it breaks in. The gun feels lighter when shouldered, and recoil is more noticeable. I have the 24" version, so the gun felt about the same as my 11-87 when moving from target to target.

This gun can be ghost loaded, which I will have to get used to. It seems like shells must be pushed a little farther into the mag tube when loading before they 'catch' than with the Remington. Several times when loading I didn't push a shell quite far enough in and it came back out above the lifter. Not a big deal, just something I'll have to get used to. I may bevel the edge of the receiver underneath the follower to see if that helps.

I'll probably ditch the fiber optic front sight for a gold bead, but it's bright and works fine if you prefer that type of front sight.

One weird thing: when dropping the bolt on an empty chamber, sometimes the lifter will raise up in front of the bolt and stick, thus not allowing the bolt to close. I then have to hold the bolt back with one hand and press the bolt release button with the other, and the lifter drops down and the bolt closes normally. I don't think this could happen with shells in the gun, because a shell above the lifter would keep it from raising up far enough to block the bolt. It never happened while shooting, only when the gun is empty.

Overall I really like it. We ran several of them hard over the weekend and they held up great. I'll add more as I get more rounds through the gun.

Mine is also experiencing the lifter sticking when closing the bolt on an empty chamber.....Is this common for a 930?

I have 930 SPX and I definitely don't have that problem, not even if I let the bolt move forward slowly by holding the charging handle.

Mine is also experiencing the lifter sticking when closing the bolt on an empty chamber.....Is this common for a 930?

Not sure on that, this is my first Mossberg. I plan to get another one for ariel shooting, when I do I'll see if that one does the same thing.

How do you like the gun so far?

I got mine last Friday, and went straight to the range and put about 100 rounds through it (100 was all I had with me).

First impressions: this gun loads much easier that my 11-87 w/Dave's easyloader. The action cycles smoothly, and will get smoother as it breaks in. The gun feels lighter when shouldered, and recoil is more noticeable. I have the 24" version, so the gun felt about the same as my 11-87 when moving from target to target.

This gun can be ghost loaded, which I will have to get used to. It seems like shells must be pushed a little farther into the mag tube when loading before they 'catch' than with the Remington. Several times when loading I didn't push a shell quite far enough in and it came back out above the lifter. Not a big deal, just something I'll have to get used to. I may bevel the edge of the receiver underneath the follower to see if that helps.

I'll probably ditch the fiber optic front sight for a gold bead, but it's bright and works fine if you prefer that type of front sight.

One weird thing: when dropping the bolt on an empty chamber, sometimes the lifter will raise up in front of the bolt and stick, thus not allowing the bolt to close. I then have to hold the bolt back with one hand and press the bolt release button with the other, and the lifter drops down and the bolt closes normally. I don't think this could happen with shells in the gun, because a shell above the lifter would keep it from raising up far enough to block the bolt. It never happened while shooting, only when the gun is empty.

Overall I really like it. We ran several of them hard over the weekend and they held up great. I'll add more as I get more rounds through the gun.

I have a 930HS I have added some items to for 3 gun that has the exact same problem with the lifter havent found a permament cure for it yet. Originally I thought the side saddle I added to the gun was causing it to bind because I had overtightened the screws but I took the side saddle completely off and had the same issue. Let me know if you find a solution on the new 930 your shooting.

the bullet hole in overland park kansas has two left. They run a little more, but you can get one. I just got one there.

LOL how did you find those? I was in there today for some CCW practice at the range and happened to ask them if they had any in stock. Said they got two that morning and both sold to out of state buyers. I wasn't planning on buying one from them, was just curious what their price was in case I needed to send someone local hungry for one their way. I'm sure it ran a lot more judging from their other gun prices. Not sure how they are to deal with over the phone but they're usually arrogant pricks in person.

I have 930 SPX and I definitely don't have that problem, not even if I let the bolt move forward slowly by holding the charging handle.

I tried to get my 930 SPX to do that last night and I couldn't. I dropped the bolt with the gun in all different positions and no dice, not sure what could cause that. Maybe since they're brand new some cleaning/firing will take care of it.

I tried to get my 930 SPX to do that last night and I couldn't. I dropped the bolt with the gun in all different positions and no dice, not sure what could cause that. Maybe since they're brand new some cleaning/firing will take care of it.

Look at the interaction of the lifter and the bolt carrier. There is a notch the lifter fits into on the bottom of the bolt carrier. It may be the lifter needs some cleanup. I have not had the problem of it hanging with mine. I don't know about the JM Series, but the regular Mossbergs have several places that can be polished to improve function. One of those is the contact points on the lifter and shell stop/release.

the bullet hole in overland park kansas has two left. They run a little more, but you can get one. I just got one there.

LOL how did you find those? I was in there today for some CCW practice at the range and happened to ask them if they had any in stock. Said they got two that morning and both sold to out of state buyers. I wasn't planning on buying one from them, was just curious what their price was in case I needed to send someone local hungry for one their way. I'm sure it ran a lot more judging from their other gun prices. Not sure how they are to deal with over the phone but they're usually arrogant pricks in person.

I got the second one after seeing his post.

Well, I called the night before and that guy was a prick. But at ten in the morning their time he was pretty chill. I saw it on anther forum. Cost 625+ shipping. So not too overpriced for a shop. Just having problems with them reducing my ffl.

I'm glad I could help out.

Well, I called the night before and that guy was a prick. But at ten in the morning their time he was pretty chill. I saw it on anther forum. Cost 625+ shipping. So not too overpriced for a shop. Just having problems with them reducing my ffl.

I'm glad I could help out.

I appreciate it.

Look at the interaction of the lifter and the bolt carrier. There is a notch the lifter fits into on the bottom of the bolt carrier. It may be the lifter needs some cleanup. I have not had the problem of it hanging with mine. I don't know about the JM Series, but the regular Mossbergs have several places that can be polished to improve function. One of those is the contact points on the lifter and shell stop/release.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to put a few hundred more rounds through it, and if it still continues, I'll take it apart and do some investigating. So far it only does it with an empty gun, so I'm not too worried.