Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines just been deliverd to an FFL , will be getting a shooting buddy to collect it later today & will get pictures up later tonight comparing it to a standard 930 internals , ect , ect

Sponsored Mossberg UK competitor so jumped the que a bit.

Wish i could add that blue/gold Flanigan stock/forend !

Im over in the UK but Mossberg pulled out all the stops to get one to me for use in Kentucky 1st -10th april.

Ill be in Madisonville & Owensboro ranges shooting 3 gun as part of a UK shooting trip.

David.

http://four4islands.org

Edited by gunfighteruk

This is a very nice shotgun....especially since it is a factory gun. I like the way my gun I built handles and I am sure this will be the same. The trigger is one of the finest I have ever felt during dryfiring. One thing I am afraid of is the overtravel stop screw.....I have not shot it to confirm, but I am guessing that, with slugs, that screw is going to shred your middle finger to pieces.....may want to file that down a little. Comes with all three chokes and a choke wrench as well. The chromed parts are nice and should make for an easy cleaning as well as a confirmation that you have the parts clean. I like that the gas piston is chromed as well. Only thing I think that I would do is add a HiViz rear sight just to add a little bit of adjustability to slug shooting. Will try to get a little range time this weekend.

Phillip

Dang it.

Now it looks like I have to buy another gun and make my current 930 my back-up.

Looks like the lifter hangs out of the reciever more than a turkey?

That Price with 3 chokes, these will never be in stock.

David E.

Mines just been deliverd to an FFL , will be getting a shooting buddy to collect it later today & will get pictures up later tonight comparing it to a standard 930 internals , ect , ect

Sponsored Mossberg UK competitor so jumped the que a bit.

Wish i could add that blue/gold Flanigan stock/forend !

Im over in the UK but Mossberg pulled out all the stops to get one to me for use in Kentucky 1st -10th april.

Ill be in Madisonville & Owensboro ranges shooting 3 gun as part of a UK shooting trip.

David.

http://four4islands.org

still got to get it over to the uk though !!!!!!!

ill stick to the vinci !!!!!!

Very nice gun, I can't wait to get one. Quick question - the white JM logo on the receiver - is it etched or just painted on? Not a big fan of "billboards" on my guns, so I'm wondering if it can be easily covered up by refinishing the receiver.

Very nice gun, I can't wait to get one. Quick question - the white JM logo on the receiver - is it etched or just painted on? Not a big fan of "billboards" on my guns, so I'm wondering if it can be easily covered up by refinishing the receiver.

It is etched...

This is a very nice shotgun....especially since it is a factory gun. I like the way my gun I built handles and I am sure this will be the same. The trigger is one of the finest I have ever felt during dryfiring. One thing I am afraid of is the overtravel stop screw.....I have not shot it to confirm, but I am guessing that, with slugs, that screw is going to shred your middle finger to pieces.....may want to file that down a little. Comes with all three chokes and a choke wrench as well. The chromed parts are nice and should make for an easy cleaning as well as a confirmation that you have the parts clean. I like that the gas piston is chromed as well. Only thing I think that I would do is add a HiViz rear sight just to add a little bit of adjustability to slug shooting. Will try to get a little range time this weekend.

Phillip

Don't sweat the over travel screw. Benny built my 930 a year ago and put one on then. Have put tons of slugs thru mine-not an issue. Now if we can only order those chromed parts...

Edited by outerlimits

Just ordered mine this morning from JSC. They only had 3 in stock, now they have 2. Looking forward ot the brown truck stopping by the house in the near future. As soons as i get it, I will be heading out the the range at lunch time (if it arrives next week), and run a few hundered rounds thru it and will report back.

Edited by KBK

They are back in stock at Buds. Just placed an order for one. Their notification service is useless BTW; I was subscribed to receive a notification when they had them back in stock and never got one.

Well, my favorite gunshop knew I was in the market for a JM Pro-series "tactical".

He called me on Monday to confirm I still wanted one, in which I did, he ordered it and recieved it today and gave me a call.

$642 OTD, and at first clance it looks well made, time will tell. (I have been on a many year hate in regards to Mossberg products.)

Not sure when I will get it to the range, but I plan on running it fairly hard.