Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

Here is my 930 after conversion from a 28" Turkey model. It is now a 22" with a +4 Nordic extension. I like it and it seems like a good shooting shotgun. All the shotgun shooting I have done in recent years has been with Saiga 12 gauges so this is a little different. I have a few wild ideas for custom shell carriers I may play with.

jrmock

post-19298-0-05298700-1326507482_thumb.j

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very classy jrmock, what you'de pay for the barrel chop? did you shoot it enough before to offer a comparison?

I used Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports (he was recommended on this thread). He charged $90 for cutting, rethreading the choke, rethreading for the bead, and shipping back. The work looks good. I have not shot it since I got it back (maybe next weekend). I shot a couple of boxes through it before getting it cut. It ran like a champ and only messed up when I messed up.

jrmock

very classy jrmock, what you'de pay for the barrel chop? did you shoot it enough before to offer a comparison?

I used Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports (he was recommended on this thread). He charged $90 for cutting, rethreading the choke, rethreading for the bead, and shipping back. The work looks good. I have not shot it since I got it back (maybe next weekend). I shot a couple of boxes through it before getting it cut. It ran like a champ and only messed up when I messed up.

jrmock

Wish I had taken this route. I have been waiting almost 2 months for my 24" non-ported barrel from Mossberg that cost me or will cost me 160.00 if they ever ship it. Sent a e-mail to Joe yesterday and he responded quickly sayin gthat the barrel was ready and being inspected and that it would ship today. Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

Miculek is here working the Mossberg area. I asked him to show me this new gun of his.

From his mouth:

• Some trigger parts chromed and polished (sear and something else can't remember)
  • Loading port opened up
  • Available in a 22" 9+1 and a 24" 10+1
  • Available in 30 to 50 days.

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Chromed gas system as well.

Cocked hammer indicator.

Nordic tube extension and clamp.

Driilled and tapped fiber bead.

Oversized bolt handle and release button.

Oversized tang safety.

Jerry said he wanted a rear sight, but mossberg said no. Awesome shotgun, Jerry said street price Will be in the mid six hundreds.

Cocked hammer indicator.

Oversized tang safety.

Jerry said he wanted a rear sight, but mossberg said no. Awesome shotgun, Jerry said street price Will be in the mid six hundreds.

Jerry wanted a rear sight?! He runs open! :roflol:

Cocked hammer indicator.

Oversized tang safety.

Jerry wanted a rear sight?! He runs open! :roflol: