Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bring It - Long Course - 24 rounds

spanky

Starting position: Standing behind doorway, unloaded handgun placed unsupported on table facing downrange. All ammunition must be placed on either the table or barrels.

Stage Procedure: Upon signal, engage targets as visible from within the shooting area. Ammo can that starts on table must be carried by hand and placed on each barrel while the respective array is engaged. Failure to place ammo can on each respective barrel will incur one procedural per shot fired. No ammunition may come from the competitor's body at any point after the start signal.

10y300oyz9rliryh6ex5.png

Edited by spanky

I like it, but I might swap T4 and T9 to make the inside shots a little more challenging.

Of course, if you moved all targets out to 40 yards and made two of the arrays weak hand only, you might even challenge an IPSC shooter! :roflol:

unsupported should be scratched, this gives everyone with a slideracker an advantage.

Huh?

Are you saying we should let them start "supported" so that there is equal grounds? I don't think I've seen many open guns without sliderackers so it's really a moot point.

Edited by spanky

What if it was an IDPA stage and you were shooting SSP division?

Would reload with retention be more efficient than going to slidelock?

If you're faster with a RWR than, shoot 11, reload, shoot 1, transition.. etc.. ;)

Or.. as the free EOTac clinic after Nats put it.. strategic ammo management. Making sure you get your hits.. sometime before the 10th round.

If you're faster with a RWR than, shoot 11, reload, shoot 1, transition.. etc.. ;)

Or.. as the free EOTac clinic after Nats put it.. strategic ammo management. Making sure you get your hits.. sometime before the 10th round.

Huh? Before 10th round?

How would the EOTac guys tell you to shoot it?

I like the use of the walls and table and door. I've never been a fan of long delays before getting to the bang-bang: Beep - open door - grab gun - run to barrel - grab magazine - load magazine - chamber... all before getting to shoot? Meh. I guess it represents the need to go to my magazines in another room while dry-firing when I left the room I was dry firing in to get a drink or use the bathroom, but..

I'd just allow them to place a magazine on the table next to the gun.

Otherwise I call that a great stage.

What if it was an IDPA stage and you were shooting SSP division?

Would reload with retention be more efficient than going to slidelock?

As written it is not a legal IDPA stage. BUT, if you shot it using IDPA cover and reload rules, I think the best option is place two mag's on the table and one at your second postion (left side if you are right handed). At the beep, load the first mag and shoot the first 4 tgt's. RWR BEFORE you leave for the second postion or RWR while moving backwards (less likely to break the 180). Shoot the next 4 tgts, pick up your 3rd mag and RWR on the way to the last postion. But this only works if you can do a good RWR on the move AND the designer specifies that movent from P1 to P2 then P3 is "behind cover". I say put the 3rd mag on the left side so that as you move left to right doing a reload you are able to bring the gun in front of you while on the move without breaking the 180.

A less risky (but possibly slower) way it is to "make up" a shot on the first array, then do a slide lock reload between the 5th and 6th tgts then again between the 10th and 11th tgts. If movement between in P1, P2, and P3 is ruled as NOT behind cover this is could be your best option. Though you could still RWR flat footed at P2 and P3 but it all depends on how you feel about you RWR's. Even flat footed I think the RWR before engaging the array would be faster, but a botched RWR will KILL your time.

Personally, nothing ventured is nothing gained. I'd do tthe RWR, even if I had to do it flat footed at P2 and P3. I think a smooth continious engagement of each array will save you more time then the littile bit extra you might take for the RWR, even if you had to do it flat footed.

That's how I see it. :cheers:

Edited by Rob Tompkins

I like the use of the walls and table and door. I've never been a fan of long delays before getting to the bang-bang: Beep - open door - grab gun - run to barrel - grab magazine - load magazine - chamber... all before getting to shoot? Meh. I guess it represents the need to go to my magazines in another room while dry-firing when I left the room I was dry firing in to get a drink or use the bathroom, but..

I'd just allow them to place a magazine on the table next to the gun.

Otherwise I call that a great stage.

Mags on table or barrels. :D

unsupported should be scratched, this gives everyone with a slideracker an advantage.

Huh?

Are you saying we should let them start "supported" so that there is equal grounds? I don't think I've seen many open guns without sliderackers so it's really a moot point.

In discussing this issue once with a NROI RMI, I was told that if it's a permanent attachment to the gun (slideracker), then it isn't considered support."Flat on the table," means the same thing. Either covers the obvious problem of someone propping up the gun with a magazine—once I had a competitor try to game this with propping up the gun with a scope cover for a mini-dot sight. Nope. :devil:

Curtis