Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Glock For Ipsc, Uspsa, Idpa, And Gssf ??

sfvg

I am looking to shoot just for fun. I'm looking for one Glock to shoot IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, and GSSF. Gun should be as close to stock. I'm also looking for factory loads, as I don't have the time to reload.

My idea was a G17 w/ Heinie sights and a Ky-Tac holster. Any thoughts?

I am looking for gear ideas also.

Thanks,

PW

SFVQ...would suggest the slightly longer G34 if you stay with the 9mm ( factory ammo is relativly cheap)....Heinie slant pros and I like a steel spring guide as it mates to the barrel and have seen the polymer ones get chewed up....add a butt plug to keep the junk from the innards and helps guide reloads....about 4 -10round mags for production, though a couple of high caps would be nice in case you dabble in the 3gun sport.... I use BladeTech kydex with my G35 (the .40SW makes major, and I use the pistol for 3gun and occasionally shoot production or L10 with it) the factory Glock mag holders aren't real fancy but are super light weight and work well...regards

Just one guys opinion....

If there is ANY chance you will ever reload or get serious about the sport, you are seriously limiting yourself with the 34. The 35, with reloads, can be competetive in more divisions. I really think the high cap guns are where the real art in the sport lies; more creativity, more aggressiveness.

My boss bought a 34 and is regretting it as he grows into the sport, having to shoot minor is VERY discouraging. If you NEVER want to go L10 or Limited it is the gun to have, for the same reasons the guy above mentioned. Either way I would also go Heinie rear, but with a thin fibre optic front. Other than that go stock unless you want to really go nuts.

Using the 35 will limit the classes you can do in GSSF to "Competition class" only.

With the 22 , you can play in Am.Civ and Stockmeister AND do L10 / limited /production in USPSA.

You can also use it for SSP and ESP in IDPA.

The 17 is the same ,except you will be scored minor in L10 and ltd.

just one...?

g17 is a good choice for all the games, but so is the g34.

couple of thoughts...

with the g17 you can compete as ssp in idpa, production in uspsa, and gssf in am/civ division,

with the g34 you can compete as ssp in idpa, production in uspsa, and gssf in competition division,

all while still staying on the cheap regarding factory ammo (9mm blazer @ 3.99 box/50).

i have the g17, g34, and g35, and end up shooting the g34 in uspsa production more than the others. (little bit of uspsa limited with the same setup for the g35).

i use the kytac sooper-hooper and it's top-notch stuff. get a couple sets of mag pouches with it, some heine slant-pro's or dawson sights, 5 or 6 mags, and you'll be ready for some serious shooting fun.

oh yeah, down the road you may want to consider trigger work...search this sight for charlie vanek's work...you'll not believe how good a glock trigger gets.

these sports are quite addicting...welcome.

You guys that are recommending the 40, please note that he won't be reloading.

I really like the 40 Glocks and the fact that they can fit in most anywhere. But, if a shooter isn't reloading, then 9mm is the way to go.

The G17 works for:

- IDPA SSP

- USPSA Production

- IPSC Production

- GSSF

- Steel Challenge

- NRA Action Pistol

Besides...every shooter on Earth should own a 9mm Glock. :)