Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting shot at Nationals

A fellow hard-head! Nice to meet you! :cheers:

Seriously, glad it wasn't any worse than it was and you're ok.

Sherry

Yeah, I guess all the comments over the years about me being hard-headed have some validity to them! I showed my wife the bullet tonight and she literally said "Oh, my GOD!" when I handed it to her :o

Bart, I am so sorry to hear that a perfectly fine .40 projectile was damaged by you putting your thick noggin' in it's path. I understand PITA (Projectiles In The Air) will be filing a protective order.

Glad you are doing okay bro'.

Bart, glad to hear you are OK there. I took a rock or wayward bullet in the arm and still have a nice bruise from it. Is it a bad thing that I didn't flinch once this year at the sound of rounds, rocks and small animals flying over my head?

Joe W.

Glad your ok Bart, yrs ago atthe 'first' infinity match held outthere, we were constantly duckin because ofthe sound of round wizzin overhead, till someone pointed out, if you hear it, its already by you...

one ofthe first nats held out there, my friend came back to his very well cared for an polished lexus to find a spent .45 round still within the dent it had made dead center of his hood....(nats staff paid for his deductible)

back in the day we usedto shoot steel indoors(i know...what were we thinking???) and a round came back an tagged a friend in the 'twig an berries' shall we say....sicko's that we were, got him to shake outthe offending hunk o' lead and we weighed it 175 gr's out of a possible 200 got him square in the....

hate to say it, thats what happens when you mix rock an shale into your berms....

I got fragged 3 times with rock this year and the bumper of my renta-a-car had a mysterious mark on it. Not what you normally see when a car hits it. Glad the kid at the return center didn't feel the need to inspect the vehicle when I returned it.

woaw.you've been lucky,glad you made it trough without serious wounds.

it's a chance no one was closer in range of the lost bullit.

so when someone tell you ''you're hard headed like a mule is''' think about all the positive sides about this state of things lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I was unfortunate enough to catch a small rock in the lip. This year a pretty good sized one, about the size of a nice gumball, got me in the arm and left it bruised for about a week. How sad is it that this year I didn't even duck at the sound of all that shrapnel flying overhead?

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid

had something land on my hearing protectors at Multi-gun. Right on the plastic ear cup, the microphone amplified it and scared the snot out of me. Those rocks and the hard desert floor bounce things everywhere. Learned about the zinging richocets already being past but it is still disconcerting. The berms do seem awfully low.

• 2 weeks later...