Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Locating Bulk Bullets

glynnm45

Montana gold bullets are great but they don't sell in small quantities of 1k, or at least I don't think they do. Buy a case from them, you won't regret it. 3750, I think, in a case of the 9mm124JHP. Price on website is delivered to a business, add $5 for home delivery. Pretty good deal, great bullets.

MLM

Montana Gold will sell 1K, but the price is higher. I'm paying $75/K for the 115gr JHPs when I get a case of 4K, but if you buy only 1K, the price is $100. The other option is to try and find someone who has Zero brand bullets in stock, but they've been hard to find. The last option, is to get some Precision Delta bullets, and hope they're either currently doing a run, or recently did a run, of the bullet you're looking for (call and they'll tell you). R,

First hearing "Bulk" I figured 10k or so. =)

1k is like a months worth. =)

Montana Gold is great for a case price. Are there cheaper options? Yes... but MG is terrific value for the price/product.

• 4 weeks later...

For true bulk orders (6 cases or more) contact Manny Bragg. He has better prices on MG than anyone else, by a long way. Plus he's a supporter of this forum.

www.mannyusa.com

He was handing out flyers at the Monster Match that had prices even better than those listed on his web-site. e-mail him for details.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what makes Montana Gold superior to Precision Delta and worth the extra cost?

Just saw nobody replied to your question. MG's seem to be a bit more consistent in weight and diameter. If your gun likes them, there's nothing wrong with PD (I've shot tens of thousands of them). For example, my Limited and SS guns (both .40) shoot PD 180gr FMJs pretty well so I've used them for practice and local matches. On the other hand, my M&P hated the PD 147gr FMJ-TC (like 8" groups at 25yds), so I sold them to a friend who's gun likes them. The same gun will do 2" or better with either MG 147gr CMJs or Zero 147gr JHPs.

The big thing, for me, is that when you order from MG, it goes out within a day (usually same day). With PD it's gotten to where they often are a couple of months behind on some products...hence my wait of 6+ months from them last year. R,