Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading 9mm

jmurch

Then you'll start casting bullets out of wheel weights and realize now with an extra 2 hours of labor you can shoot bullets that cost you $10 per 1,000. Now you got free brass, $30 primers, $10 powder, and $10 bullets. Look, you're shooting a case of 9mm lead reloads for only $50 per K. :)

the next step is to start fabricating your own primers by punching the cups out of used soft drink cans and concocting a replacement for fulminate of mercury using left over chinese fireworks and lawn fertilizer... :roflol:

I just did the math on all the components I recently ordered. I'll be loading 9mm major for $154 /K, at a quantity of 4K worth of ingredients. Totally worth it, cheaper than Walmart factory ammo. And I'm not even hunting for killer deals on the components.

Edited by jid2

I'd like to know where everyone is getting there inputs. I load for about $.215 discounting brass with 147gr Precision Delta over Titegroup using WW small pistol primers. With bullets at $88/k, primers at $115/k and powder at $116/8lb. I read where people are getting cheaper than that using Montana Gold and other bullets (probably the highest priced input) that I can't seem to find under $120/k. Does someone know something don't know?

Montana Gold and other bullets (probably the highest priced input) that I can't seem to find under $120/k. Does someone know something don't know?

Yes! Order 3000 bullets for $305 instead of 1000 for $122. That's a $61 savings right there.:cheers:

Yea thats about right around $6 per box of 50 is about .12 cents per round but much better than .21 cents per round . Thats using coated lead bullets if i use regular lead bullets it drops to around .08 per round and thats paying $150 per 5000 for primers $20 per pound of powder pick up brass and the bullets are $43 per K

Thanks. Took a bit of prodding but I finally got it. One additional question it seems like a lot of people use Montana Gold but they're one of the most expensive. Why is that? I know they are no better than Precision Delta but they do offer a HP.

it seems like a lot of people use Montana Gold but they're one of the most expensive. Why is that? I know they are no better than Precision Delta but they do offer a HP.

Do a little searching and you can find similar posts like this one

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115577&view=findpost&p=1312997

Montana Gold bullets are very hard to beat, they are huge sponsors of our sport, and you can usually have your order of high quality, uniform, bullets in a few days.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

I get in about $6-$8/50 depending on bullets, my equipment is 20+ years old and has been paid for 10 fold with the cost of ammo, especially recently. Try 5.4grains of unique with a 124 gr bullet for you 17, mine loves it. and it come in at a 138 pf so there is room for humidity changes.

Yeah with Montana Gold you need to order by the case. And as others have said, their strong point is that the order will be at your house in 2-3 days, as they ship US Postal Priority in the Medium flat rate box, and shipping cost is built into their price.

And they make pretty bullets

104_1570.jpg

Edited by jid2

mannyusa.com sells MG bullets cheaper than MG. He likes to sell in 6 case minimums but will sell individual cases. IF I remember he charges shipping on anything less than 6 cases. Even then it is still just a little cheaper than MG direct.

Manny is $11.00 per case cheaper than MG direct (only $8.00 per case cheaper if you order 3 cases from MG), but if you don't order 6 cases, then shipping cuts that down. Probably around the same price, once you figure in shipping. One thing about buying from MG directly, you don't have to order a case, you can order just 1,000 if you want to try them out. I don't think Manny offers that perk....

Something no one has mentioned. Right now there is factory ammo available but when obama took over there was a while that ammo was real hard to find. Componets were scarce too but if you had some stocked up you could still shoot. That could happen again.