Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for hosting the Ohio Section match. Big thanks to Dan Carter and Chris Keen, you guys did a great job. It was a lot of driving to attend ( 950 miles round trip ), but it was WELL worth it. I had a great time. It was also nice to finally put faces to the names: Chris Keen, Kevin Sanders, Flexmoney, ncboiler, and a few others who I didn't want to bother you while you were shooting.

The proximity of my buddy's house (and the free room he provided me) to MRPC was a no brainer for me to attend. I hope you guys will host the 2012 match, because I will definitely come back.

Thanks again.

Glenn Allan

CZinSC

Don't forget I have plenty of Classifier Tracker Booklets for sale in the stats bldg. So make sure you see me if you are interested.

thanks Chris, Those books are really cool and just what i needed to track with.

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to the entire crew that it took to put this match on... Great job!!!!

It was a pleasure to shoot on squad 1, It's alot of fun watching a couple GM's shoot...

Here's a pic of most of the squad...

076.jpg

I also want to say thank you to everyone that volunteered for this match. Everyone was fantastic and the stages were great. It also great shooting with and against Matt Cheely. I shot 93% of Cheely. One of best matches He kept me on my toes.

Here are my videos from the match....Thanks for watching....Jeff

........Next year I want to see what 250 shooters looks like. For those of you who did stay....we got extremely lucky with the weather. It started to rain just as the last shots were being fired. You couldn't have timed that better if you had to........

Dan,

Just as an FYI the last shots were fired at 16:53, entered into stats at 16:57, and I believe we had final results posted by 17:15. :) 18 minutes, not bad. Not nearly as fast as Linda Chico, but I'll catch up to her some day! Of course I couldn't have done such a great job without my backup stats people, Deb Hanna and Jason Conrad. They made everything run very smooth. Thanks

I know it was starting to rain around 5pm, and I was working as fast as I could to get the scores posted, so I really appreciate everyone sticking it out till the very end. Awards could have been a little quicker I'll admit, but we wanted to make sure we had it right. Sorry there.

Average stage reset time on all stages was 3-4 minutes, we only had 3 DQ's, 3 moves to open, 2 sub-minors, and only 1 case of car-keys locked in a car. :rolleyes:

What a great match. It was awesome to be on the range again and see a lot of old friends. Thanks again to all the sponsors and staff.

Chris, I really look forward to the next battle. It could easily go either way.

Heck yeah Jake. Next time should be great. :cheers:

Edited by Chris Keen

Success is the word for everyone who put the Ohio Sectional together. A very special Thank You to all involved and all the Sponsors. All of you went above and beyond and made this match a Success. I had a wonderful time shooting with my squad and enjoyed all the stages. I am looking forward to next years match already.

Anyone else try this on stage 3 ??? :unsure:

Not that I saw. Good one.

I didn't think it was there (that was my first stage and I didn't do my due diligence on the walk through). I'd have shot that in L-10. (even minor)

Anyone else try this on stage 3 ??? :unsure:

Not that I saw. Good one.

I didn't think it was there (that was my first stage and I didn't do my due diligence on the walk through). I'd have shot that in L-10. (even minor)

Flex how did you shoot stage 2 and 5, on 2 you were almost 3 seconds up on everyone else. Watching several videos it was done lots of different ways.

I took the 6 thru the port on the left, then took the far target and the next closest target thru the middle opening, stepped forward reloaded took the steel and remaining targets thru the middle, reloaded and took the targets on the right finishing with the last target in the port on the right.

Of course with my gazelle like movements I can't image how you would be 3 seconds faster (no I am no dragging a dead leg behind me in the video, it just seems that way)

On 5 I started on the left, took the 6, reloaded stepped forward and shot the paper and steel, went all the way down on the right, took the 6 and then one thru the port on the left and finished reloading into the port.

I am sure that your draw is a little faster than the ninja like speed I obtain on my draw (no I didn't forget to unlock the holster)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EzP5bpOF_I

Flex how did you shoot stage 2 and 5, on 2 you were almost 3 seconds up on everyone else. Watching several videos it was done lots of different ways.

Stage 2 - I took a nice big drop step to the right on the draw to get deep into that first (middle) port, allowing me to start on the inside left paper and work right (without having to shift positions during that mag). On the mag change, I recall that I stepped back and left...which put me into position for the 3 targets through the left window, then I was still lined up to swing back to the middle port for the close target on the right and the one in the far back right of the stage. Then, reload going to the far right for those 4 targets and a snap to the right window for the remaining target.

- Picking up your leading leg on the draw and dropping low would give you a boost and keep you away from that weight shift at the draw.

- You had about 4 little positions to adjust to in that middle window. I usually put those at half a second each. If you would have stepped into the window after your first reload, that would have killed a bunch of that. (You still would have had one adjustment, by not going there first.)

- I didn't have to do any body adjustments on the three targets in the left window.

Stage 5 - Started on the left, stepped and drew to T3, T2, T1, then transitioned/stepped/shot to the close paper in the window and took all 3 steel, kinda moving (just barely, as required). Had to be sure to center-punch that steel. Slide lock reload. I came into the right window, skipped the 4th target (on the right) and just shoot the left 3 targets, transitioned to the inner window for those two paper. Reloaded to the far right position and took the 3 targets everybody else did plus that 4th target that most everybody else took through the window.

If I need a reload to make up any missed steel, I'd just hit it then, or hit it on the other side.

........Next year I want to see what 250 shooters looks like. For those of you who did stay....we got extremely lucky with the weather. It started to rain just as the last shots were being fired. You couldn't have timed that better if you had to........

Dan,

Just as an FYI the last shots were fired at 16:53, entered into stats at 16:57, and I believe we had final results posted by 17:15. :) 18 minutes, not bad. Not nearly as fast as Linda Chico, but I'll catch up to her some day! Of course I couldn't have done such a great job without my backup stats people, Deb Hanna and Jason Conrad. They made everything run very smooth. Thanks

I know it was starting to rain around 5pm, and I was working as fast as I could to get the scores posted, so I really appreciate everyone sticking it out till the very end. Awards could have been a little quicker I'll admit, but we wanted to make sure we had it right. Sorry there.

Average stage reset time on all stages was 3-4 minutes, we only had 3 DQ's, 3 moves to open, 2 sub-minors, and only 1 case of car-keys locked in a car. :rolleyes:

What a great match. It was awesome to be on the range again and see a lot of old friends. Thanks again to all the sponsors and staff.

Chris, I really look forward to the next battle. It could easily go either way.

Heck yeah Jake. Next time should be great. :cheers:

Does next years cover include a Chris/Jake stare-down? :sight:

To every shooter at the match, thank for making my first experience working a match a great one. I only had to count to 32, but at times it was rough. Thanks for your patience.

Dave from stage 4

I would also like to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this a great match. I enjoyed the stages and the match went smoothly. Hopefully next year, I will be able to get away from work and I will be able to lend a hand.

Personally I would like to think that next years cover will have Bob Vogel on it, since he was BOTH the HOA and the Ohio Section Champ from this years match. That's what I was last year, so it seems fitting. Plus Bob is a lot more photogenic than myself. :rolleyes:

Enjoyed my return trip to Ohio. I didn't shoot good, but not shooting that gun in 8 months does that.... :wacko:

Congratulations to all the winners (Class and Divisions) Congratulations to my friend Chad Rousch for winning the revolver division (and gun). :cheers:

I enjoyed getting to see every body come through and shoot the stage I was on (Stage 3). The two Toms and I were impressed with all the good help and attitudes.

I really had a blast shooting on Squad 1 with those crazy Ohio guys............they acted just like good ole southern boys with a wierd speach problem !!!! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

See some of you at KY multi-gun, or A-5, or Indiana section......or somewhere else on a range. Until then......

Read your front sight about the people running for elected positons and shoot safe.

Hopalong/Sam Keen

Sam,

I remember you asking your cousin about where to get a good steak. He said something about a chicken joint. You said, "no...a steak." He said, "I think they have the best wings." then you said, "Mooo....Mooooo."

LMAO.

:)

See you at the next one.

Personally I would like to think that next years cover will have Bob Vogel on it, since he was BOTH the HOA and the Ohio Section Champ from this years match. That's what I was last year, so it seems fitting. Plus Bob is a lot more photogenic than myself. :rolleyes:

Chris,

You just have to talk to the person that designs the program. :devil: