2011 Texas State Open Championship

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That red and green stage was thrown out of the match today

I think everyone saw that coming, huh? ;-)

But prolly not for the reason you'd have thought...

Do tell?

BTW, I thought it was a cool looking stage (as all the stages were)

I wish I coulda been there.

What's wrong with this picture? Why is it not a legal stage?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114217&view=findpost&p=1410447

This is NOT meant to be a criticism of the stage...it looks fun.

I'm not a CRO or RM, but this is my view:

Based on pure chance the shooter is 'assigned' a color of port to shoot thru.

If 'RED' is designated, the competitor shoots thru 4 high ports and 5 low ports.

If 'GREEN' is designated, the competitor shoots thru 5 high ports and 4 low ports.

That's 2 very different stages IMO.

If shooters A and B shoot different stages and A beats B, then B should Arb that A had an advantage.

ALSO, on the stage diagram (way back on page 4 or 5), the GREEN poppers are on the outside, and the RED poppers on the inside.

The GREEN targets are farther apart, longer transition, different stage. (I noticed from watching the vids that this had been changed from the diagram)

Splitting hairs? Yes, but splitting hairs is exactly how this sport is scored.

Do tell?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114217&view=findpost&p=1410447

That's not why either. :P

Ha ha ha... That was a good guess though. I thought the same but when I looked at the stage the distance and height became inconsequential. And I think of those things cause I'm short. I know why, but only because I'm taking the test for RO and learning some of the rule book. But I don't want to spoil it if you guys are trying to guess. Carry on.

Greetings;

I would like to thanks these following friends and fellow shooters for supporting and helping me in putting this match.

GENERATION SHOOTERS-Raimon Alfonso,Edwin Garcia,Carey Perdue,Rey Panelo.

TEAM AMISH-Bill Murray,Roman Gwiscz,Jack Sweet,Landis Newbanks,Tracy Lewellyn,Larry Lewellyn,Brian Su.

Set up crew for setting up stages.

Lee Neel-For his efficient paperless scoring system.

Range Master-Arthur brown,Range officers for their hardwork and patiently serve for 3 days under the sun.

Chris Thomas, Michael Clark for bringing sponsors in our prize table.

Phil Oxley-Owner of the Impactzone range for his support.

Stage sponsors that support,especially RUDY PROJECT who is a match sponsored thru Kevin Gentry.Our local vendor and gun maker-Briley,Power factor Shooting/Sean Gaines that always there for us.To the winners congratulations.

To all shooters that came and participate from different states and countries like; California,MN,Boston,Michigan,Missouri,MS,NC,LA,OK,NM,AZ,AL,AR,England,Canada and Jamaica thanks for coming,DVC to your future matches.

Cheers,

Alex Casis

Match Director,

2011 Texas State Open Championship

Edited by 4everB

Thanks Alex!

You put an awesome match together.

Lots of work and no sleep for you, I know.

I had a blast and look forward to the next one.

Please wish Rey all the best and a quick recovery after his golf cart accident.

Roman

Edited by Team Amish 1

Thanks Roman,also your help.

Congratulations for winning that gun.

Alex

I think its the other way around. Thank you for donating your time and setting up this awesome match. If anyone here has ever did a big match knows how much hard work it is. All the complaints, the logistics, match planning, parking, porta potties, food, etc etc...It can be a thankless job sometimes, but I understand How much work goes on to make a successful match, and you did it!

Thank you on behalf of Rudy Project, Power Factor Shooting, and Briley Mfg.

Sincerly

Sean Gaines

LEE NEEL scoring system is very impressive in 10 mins.match scores completely done.

In 30 minutes scores posted in texassouthsection website.Most shooters knew their scores ahead of my announcement of winners by accessing through cell phones.

:bow: It's amazing, Thank you LEE.

Also,Rhonda for winning High Lady production,Congratulations.

David Re-Texas State open champion.

Edwin Garcia-1st Master Open.

Carey Perdue-2nd Master open.

Congratulations.

Alex

Edited by 4everB

Do tell?

Mixing Metric and Classic targets. Not on the plan and a big no, no. Rule 4.2.1

Bill

...Next time we will find another hotel though, cuz we ain't staying in the Days Inn in Brookshire ever again...

...What was wrong with the Days Inn? No bueno?

Rhonda's being a little critical - these were amenities: complimentary cockroaches, hot and cold running hookers, and an on-site pharmacy! I found out that you apparently don't need to bolt a toilet to the floor - they're mostly stable without bolts!

As others have said, it was a fine match :) Squad 3 had a ton of fun. There were some hiccups, but nothing major. The stages were a lot of fun, and Squad 3 were a great bunch of folks :)

Yeah, that actually isn't a big deal, in fact. Yes, 4 low vs. 5 low ports, but the challenge is essentially the same. The different targets was really weird to see, and while it didn't actually phase anyone (I think spanky was the only one that actually noticed), that would've been enough to have to toss the stage. But, in this case, the targets in the "don't shoot" color ports were declared to be hardcover targets in the WSB. Fair enough. But when it came to scoring, if a competitor shot the wrong target, they were scoring hits on those targets, were not scoring misses on the "shoot" targets, and then were assessing penalties per shot fired on the wrong colored targets. blink.gif I'm not sure where that came from, but I suspect it was just a case of confusion about how to handle the stage.

Anyone that's been around for a while knows those sorts of stages are tricky to run and not have something like this happen. They can be very fun to shoot, but they're rather persnickety to make sure they're run within the rules and don't get borked up.

Anyone that's been around for a while knows those sorts of stages are tricky to run and not have something like this happen. They can be very fun to shoot, but they're rather persnickety to make sure they're run within the rules and don't get borked up.

Exactly. These types of stages seem to be magnets for problems...but they're cool;-)

Yeah, the shoot-the-color (or shoot-the-not-color) stages are fun to laugh about when you screw them up (thus good for local matches), but at bigger matches they tend to fail one of Shreds-Rules-of-Stage-Design, to wit: "Penalty for screwing up the prop-tossing, monkey-motions, and similar non-shooting challenges shall not exceed 20 points".

Anyway, I put some pictures of the match (mostly squad 3; Dave Kay Jerry, Athena, Aaron, BJ) up on http://www.shred2.net/~shred/gallery/TXO2011

Hmm... looking through my pictures, it looks like they were all Classic targets on stage 1 when we got there. Swapping targets during the match would be another big no-no.

Here's XRe-with-a-bullet:

CIMG9116b.jpg

Edited by shred
added pic

...Next time we will find another hotel though, cuz we ain't staying in the Days Inn in Brookshire ever again...

Rhonda's being a little critical - these were amenities: complimentary cockroaches, hot and cold running hookers, and an on-site pharmacy! I found out that you apparently don't need to bolt a toilet to the floor - they're mostly stable without bolts!

Just because a girl has a few tatos and flaming red hair, plus spent a lot of money on clothes to dress cheap don't mean she is a professional. Well it was cheap, I didn't have any problems and my toilet was bolted down. They need to fire the tile guy. I think I'll move upscale a little for the next one, maybe Super 8.

Edited by CocoBolo

Just because a girl has a few tatos and flaming red hair, plus spent a lot of money on clothes to dress cheap don't mean she is a professional. Well it was cheap, I didn't have any problems and my toilet was bolted down. They need to fire the tile guy. I think I'll move upscale a little for the next one, maybe Super 8.

I'll just say that I stayed there for 2 nights and I was ready for a loaded table start at any point in the night! shady :ph34r:

We even took all our luggage with us to the range on both days so we didn't have to leave anything in the room. :blink:

Edited by PeterMor