what is your "Go to Food" while at the range

NJGlockGirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

try chicken in a biscuit. awesome pick me up at the range for some reason.

Doesn't sound like a good thing to keep in the range bag all day in 90 degree weather. :unsure:

LOL! It isn't chicken and it isn't a biscuit, it's a chicken flavored cracker. I love those things, but my ex-wife, who was a chicken fiend, hated them. Go figure! :roflol:

Edited by 392heminut

Doesn't sound like a good thing to keep in the range bag all day in 90 degree weather. :unsure:

LOL! It isn't chicken and it isn't a biscuit, it's a chicken flavored cracker. I love those things, but my ex-wife, who was a chicken fiend, hated them. Go figure! :roflol:

OH! Okay! :roflol:

Ever since I've read his post I've been craving a piece of fried chicken in a biscuit!

OH! Okay! :roflol:

Ever since I've read his post I've been craving a piece of fried chicken in a biscuit!

Time to go see the Colonel!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I need to find something to chew on while at matches that is relatively low carb so I can stick to my diet.

Sausage links. Put 5 or 6 per baggie. Take one baggie out of the cooler at a time and carry them with you. They hold up OK for a few hours. However the other day I found a baggie in my shooting bag on Wednesday. I threw them away unopened. :surprise:

I need to find something to chew on while at matches that is relatively low carb so I can stick to my diet.

Sausage links. Put 5 or 6 per baggie. Take one baggie out of the cooler at a time and carry them with you. They hold up OK for a few hours. However the other day I found a baggie in my shooting bag on Wednesday. I threw them away unopened. :surprise:

That is a good idea. I get beef jerky occasionally but that isn't very filling.

The morning of a match, the only automatic stop for me is Starbucks. Not for coffee, but for two slices of banana nut bread to go in the range bag. It isn't too filling, but still meets the need for something when the belly gets the mid-day yearnings.

Al

For breakfast, I'll have maple and brown sugar oatmeal with raisins. During a match I alternate a water with a water/propel (grape) mix. I also eat the ready made tuna packs that have the little crackers in them along with the tuna, relish and low calorie mayo.

I call it brain food.

It really keeps me going even during the warmest of matches (as in the doubletap and A5 this year). I believe it helped my performance toward the end of both days.

I remember some bacon in the car once on a 100 degree day I ate.

Protein for me. Lately is is baked, skinless, boneless chicken thighs. I tried to do it on stuff like bananas and trail mix alone but I find that I NEED protein to get through a 4-5hr match. Obviously, you need a cooler or ice chest for this type of food!

Edited by lawboy

• 2 weeks later...

yep. typical solo travel fare with a microwave is part of a lean steak, a nuked plain potato, and if i had lots of room in the cooler, nuked plain broccoli head. it's a miracle i ain't radioactive, lmao. :cheers:

oh, and if possible, a dunkin' donuts coffee, and lots of good music blasting loud while on the way to a day long match. the last month it's been some ZZ Top. :devil:

campshot.jpg

my usual travel rig. i had some 8 year old looking boys come up and rip me for tent camping with a microwave and mobile internet :roflol:

Great tent! Kudos for including the clip-on cigar holder!!!! Well done!

• 1 month later...