Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended 140mm Base Pads

dlee14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased the Taylor Freelance from SSS and am quite pleased with them so far. I did have to take a file to the back legs of the follower, which was catching at 18 rounds, in order to load the full 23 rounds. It's quite a tight fit with 23 and the mag will not seat on a closed chamber. I'm going to leave them fully loaded for awhile and see if that helps or just run them with 22 rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Taylor Freelance as well. I removed the plate that normally secures the factory basepad in order to get my mags full (20 rounds of .40). The instructions say not to tighten the screws, but mine loosened up and stripped one out, so they do need to be somewhat tight. They are good extensions.

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me where I can get Dawson base pads for an M&P :roflol:

+1 They probably don't have those, from my limited experience(newbie) Dawson Precision seems more inclined to STI and SV, Glock, and to a lesser extent Para. Still a great company that supports the sport. If I'm wrong about their product offerings, sorry, just my two pennies. And, no knock on the MPS either. Or the XDs for whoever reads this. I've been pleased shooting all of them even though I own Glocks for comp and CCW. I'm no brand pusher, anything that runs good and shoots where you point it is a good blaster IMO.

Just teasing because I really want Dawson to make pads for my M&Ps!!!!!! I’ve used Dawson pads for years and they are by far my favorite.

I also neglected to notice that this was under sw mp.

Taylor Freelance are on my 9L. Love them. Mags hold 23 and are reloadable with one in the pipe. No experience with anything else on the M&P but I too would be pleased to see Dawson make some.

Craig

Post about it, I've been involved in propaganda for Dawson to make an Ice for the Para on the forum. They listen to their customers.

Is any other mod required to use the taylor freelance? A buddy and I have looked at his and can't get more than 16 in the mag.

Any pics would be helpful. Seems to be a no-brainer install. It seems as though the follower is binding on the extension.

Thanks..

On the bottom end of the follower there are legs that stick out meant to hit the bottom of the original floor plate, You're gonna need to cut a bit of a angle in them so they don't get caught up.

Is any other mod required to use the taylor freelance? A buddy and I have looked at his and can't get more than 16 in the mag.

Any pics would be helpful. Seems to be a no-brainer install. It seems as though the follower is binding on the extension.

Thanks..

On the bottom end of the follower there are legs that stick out meant to hit the bottom of the original floor plate, You're gonna need to cut a bit of a angle in them so they don't get caught up.

That worked. Thanks. Good for 19+1 in .40

I have run into the same issue loading my .40 mags but not the 9mm. For what it's worth (I see you already cut the followers) a bang of the mag bottom on the knee or another surface is usually enough to get the follower around the ridge. I've been doing this while loading Tanfoglio mags for so long I just took it as second nature!!!!