Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What a GREAT way to PREVENT Sales...

I have been purchasing from this company for 5 years...need some more brass cleaner (in my opinion theirs is the BEST) so I go to their site to reorder....a 32oz bottle will last me a long time...it is $24.95 + shipping......then I notice the below..

Product ID: XXXXX'X Brass Bright

Due to High Sales Volume we try to Ship in 1 Week -

A MINIMUM ORDER FEE OF $12.00 WILL BE ADDED IF THE ORDER IS UNDER $50.00

SURE enough.....added to my cart and there it was...Guess they do not need my business any longer, EXCELENT way to keep your orders to a minimum in my opinion!!

Qty Item Item Name Price Each Total

1 [brass Bright Brass Polish - 32oz] $24.95

Minimum Fee (on orders less than $50) $12.00

Total $36.95

Edited by DrawandDuck

I recently canceled a couple mag pouch order when they added $12 shipping, to items that can fit in the $4.95 flat rate box. Which the post office provides for free so there isnt any box costs either. One other thing you can do that I did is email them and make sure you let them know why you canceled your order.

I did send them a brief e-mail concerning their practice of adding $12 to their orders under $50 and that I am happy that the other companies in the industry do not add this fee.

AS for shipping.....they have a disclaimer concerning that also, you do not know what your final charge will be until it arrives or you check your statement/account as they are tying to get the "BEST" rate for you... :roflol:

Shipping cost on items that are not freight paid will be configuired manually after the order is placed. We do this manually to get the best rate we can for you, and are sorry it does not show at checkout.

Even worse is if I orded 2, I am still hit with the $12...might have a new saying "I have $12 waiting on a dime"...going to add $12 to a order that is a dime short...wrong, wrong, wrong....

Qty Item Item Name P rice Each Total

2 [brass Bright Brass Polish - 32oz] $24.95 $49.90 < Del

Minimum Fee (on orders less than $50) $12.00

Total $61.90

Edited by DrawandDuck

Customer's like good shipping prices - I do, and I buy a lot onliine. It's sad that good shipping prices are becoming scarce today.

be

Gotta love Zappos, then......

I'm totally there -- and often amazed at how little Amazon charges me to get stuff to my doorstep....

I hate that too. I refuse to purchase from companies that do that. Shipping should be an included service provided by a business, not another business to go along with their business. I do a lot of shipping and know what it costs to ship a product. I expect to pay shipping when I order products. I even expect it to be sometimes a bit higher than I know it should be. Thats ok because they have to pay an employee who packs the box etc. But service fees or high flat rate fees even on small packages etc, are simply ways a company tries to make more profit from your wallet and I keep my wallet tight when it comes to them.

I don't have a problem paying shipping, but shipping should not be a profit center, which some businesses use it as.

My goal is (was) to just break even on shipping, which I'm sure I haven't done in some years now. I haven't raised my shipping rates since '04, and the post office has raised their shipping rates every year. And that's just for the products I ship (everything but Dillon stuff). My Dillon shipping rates are designed to be a money loser - that's my cavaet since I have to sell at MSRP.

be

I can understand shipping/handling(within reason) as it is being paid to a third party but to simply tack on a flat $12.00 just because your order is not over $50.00 I can not....it's not even to get your order up to $50.00 as with my $49.98 example....still adds flat $12.00 then they will add shipping to your order later.....I can not believe people would pay that...I certainly will not.....Oh, they have not replied back to my e-mail either....

• 2 weeks later...