Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dies for 10mm

pappascott

I wouldn't count on finding once-fired 10mm for sale anywhere...just not that many folks using it now. Reloading your own brass from the LW barrel, you shouldn't need a U-die or GRx. With brass you buy there's no real way to tell what you'll need, but if it was shot in something with a more generous chamber, either a U-die or GRx should make them work fine in your gun. If you're really lucky there might be an FBI office nearby where some of the agents have 10mm MP-5s...that brass looks weird, but it resizes and shoots just fine. R,

Take a deep breath, you are in the right place. I have reloaded 10mm for years using a plain ole Lee .40/10mm sizing die. It works on all types of brass, and they will all drop in/out of a Dillon case gauge. Doesn't matter if they came out of a Glock or 10mm MP-5, works on them all....

Save some money and try the cheaper stuff first... ;)

DougC

The EGW U die is pretty neat, but you really don't need one. A standard RCBS or Dillon carbide die will work just fine. Don't over bell the mouth of the case though. Make sure to adjust the expanding die so you have just enough room to seat the bullet without tearing up the sides of the bullet. I prefer the standard Lee brand taper crimp dies. Its really easy to adjust the crimp, just follow the directions. I use a light crimp. Use a 180gr anything bullet with AA#9 powder and you'll have the right combination. Just follow the load data, start 10% shy of max and work up or down to your needs.

buy oncefired 10mm???? where do i stand in line???? wow....didnt know there was such an animal, course in these parts I am one of only a few that shoots the cartridge( an i try an find every one ofthe lil buggers before i leavethe range)

been loadin it on Dillon??? dies for yrs with no problems whatsoever....

I don't have a 10mm but I just started reloading .40 for a Para P16. Using RCBS dies and checking loaded rounds in a case gage results in zero rejects. Chamber check in the Para barrel shows problems so I bought the U-die first and found that the cases stuck on the Dillon powder funnel enough to really slow the reloading process down. Bought the GRx and a single station press and have trouble getting some pieces of brass thru the die...maybe should have bought a bigger press! Am using the U-die for now.

FWIW

Richard

Take a deep breath, you are in the right place. I have reloaded 10mm for years using a plain ole Lee .40/10mm sizing die. It works on all types of brass, and they will all drop in/out of a Dillon case gauge. Doesn't matter if they came out of a Glock or 10mm MP-5, works on them all....

Save some money and try the cheaper stuff first... ;)

DougC

A standard Lee die won't cut it with Glocked brass and two of my guns, and what's cheaper than a U-die at $22? :blink:

A Dillon case gauge is about the most generous out there. For folks with guns that have generous chambers, that may work just fine. R,

I reload 10mm using 10mm near max loads in a stock G20 that admittedly has a typically Glock chamber. I use starline brass and Lee dies (but a regular crimp die, not a FCD). I never, ever have chamber issues and the all pass the Dillon case gauge with no issues. I like Lee's sizing dies (well I don't use the FCD as it's dragging really hard on my bullets). No need for a U-Die or roll sizing.

I just use Dillon dies in conjunction with a Lee Factory Crimp Die. In loading over 4K rounds of once-fired 10mm, including some hot loads fire in my Glocks, I've had exactly one round round that failed to pass a chamber gauge due to bulge.

Curtis

A friend of mine bought a 10mm and he reloads off my dillon(I load .40cal) .40/10mm dies with no problems, I snagged once fired brass that I got from my brother, my buddy said once fired is hard to come by. Most of the time he picks up his brass from bass pro/cabela's