Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Measuring Procedure

nwb01

Actually, I just checked all my 140mm limited mags. They are STI tubes with SNL pads and all 8 of them will not sit against both pads without a slight amount of pressure to overcome the spring pressure on the base pad. Take the spring out and they are plenty legal. These are mags that have passed inspection at matches before, under the revised rules they may not pass again.

Just checked some other mags; old SV with TT bp and STI with Grams. If you have any up and down play in your base pads at all, I believe Grams recommends some, your mag will not sit against both pads without some downward pressure to overcome spring pressure.

This sucks!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone here know the magazine length rules for IPSC Standard division? I read the rules and I am unclear as to the base pad extension. 140 or No Base Pad extensions at all? I have shoot USPSA, but I will be traveling abroad and I maybe able to get to a IPSC match. However, I do not know anyone who shoots IPSC. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Does anyone here know the magazine length rules for IPSC Standard division? I read the rules and I am unclear as to the base pad extension. 140 or No Base Pad extensions at all? I have shoot USPSA, but I will be traveling abroad and I maybe able to get to a IPSC match. However, I do not know anyone who shoots IPSC. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Willie,

There is no magazine length restriction in Standard. However, the gun, with a magazine inserted must fit within a box which has internal dimensions of 225 mm x 150 mm x 45 mm. Note that all magazines must comply.

And Standard has the same holster and mag pouch position restrictions as Production does here (behind the hip bone as viewed from the side).

Bud

• 9 years later...

20240131_112932(1).thumb.jpg.bec84337036064abd264005350e883ba.jpgFrom the IPSC RULE BOOK

The magazine is placed vertically upright on a flat surface, with the measurement taken from the flat surface upwards to the rear of the feed-lips, as illustrated. Only straight, rigid magazines are permitted (i.e. flexible, drum, "J", "L", "T" or similar shape magazines are prohibited)

Edited by terrydoc

8 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

Are they homemade or do you have a manufacturer source?

Not sure mate but I'll find out, IFIRK the Filipino guys handed some out at either the WS in Bali or one of the recent matches

3 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Not sure mate but I'll find out, IFIRK the Filipino guys handed some out at either the WS in Bali or one of the recent matches

I recall Joey Racaza used to make a reasonable plastic version some years ago.  (Dino "blessed" it during the PanAm in Jamaica ...)  However, I've no idea how or where to find any more.