Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Summary of rule changes since Jan 2008

herky

Does there exist a summary of rule changes since the last rule book was printed in January 2008? I know the latest rule book is on the USPSA site, but I believe does not highlight what the latest changes are. Any help would be appreciated.

Does there exist a summary of rule changes since the last rule book was printed in January 2008? I know the latest rule book is on the USPSA site, but I believe does not highlight what the latest changes are. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm with you, Herk. I have been looking for the actual changes. I thought about printing them, then cutting them out and posting them in my rulebook.

I know that is old school but I don't want to print out the whole manual.

Kevin, even if you print out the whole manual, you would need to do a line by line comparison.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Too many changes to just do pen and ink changes and way too much to do a line by line read.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything on this yet? I started trying to do a line by line comparison tonight and quickly came to the conclusion that doing it that way is just nuts! The rulings I found on NROI don't help. USPSA/NROI has to have the changes listed somewhere?

I'm still waiting awhile to make sure they really, REALLY, I MEAN BY-GOD REALLY!!! are done screwing with the rulebook before doing a pdf table of contents and rules links. To be fair, its been 4 weeks, maybe they really are finally done. I'll give it another week.

Thank you sir! I'm a little worried about what will be in effect for the Michigan Sectional the end of this month. I'm guessing the old rules since it is so late in the game? I'll have to get ahold of the MD to be sure.

Thank you sir! I'm a little worried about what will be in effect for the Michigan Sectional the end of this month. I'm guessing the old rules since it is so late in the game? I'll have to get ahold of the MD to be sure.

That's not an option. However, since they're now the 2008 rules, as amended, it's really not much different from what your rulebook should have already looked like....

Anything on this yet? I started trying to do a line by line comparison tonight and quickly came to the conclusion that doing it that way is just nuts! The rulings I found on NROI don't help. USPSA/NROI has to have the changes listed somewhere?

Sarge, check you gmail account.

Okay....I ran a program against both the 2008 and the 2008 With Board Of Directors Approved Amendments

through July 2010. I have uploaded it to Google Docs and shared it. Comparison of 2010 to 2008 v2.

This is how it works: The left hand column is the 2008 rules and the right hand column is the "2010" rules. Anything in red is a difference between the 2 files. It is a quick and dirty comparison so there may be a few things that are off (e.g. page numbers in the TOC.) If you cannot access the link let me know via PM and I will send a copy to you via email.

-Andy

ETA: New link for a cleaner document in Appendix D4 #21 & #22

Edited by adively

This is really cool Andy! Thanks for doing this.:cheers: I'm not very good with computers but I finally figured out I could copy the red print to a word document and then print it. I'll just stick the red updates in my book for now.

This is really cool Andy! Thanks for doing this.:cheers: I'm not very good with computers but I finally figured out I could copy the red print to a word document and then print it. I'll just stick the red updates in my book for now.

Sarge,

You are welcome. :cheers:

Just note it gets a little messy in the comparison in Appendix D4 around #21 & #22

Edited by adively

We just finished running the 2010 Georgia State Championships under the new rulebook. I had to print and staple twelve booklets myself.

Andy, thanks for the work and effort to do this.

You still have to wonder why a member of the forum has to do this and the organization putting out these changes cannot. Imagine the large group of shooters that do not have this information (but who soon will once we post them to our section web pages).

Andy, thanks for the work and effort to do this.

You still have to wonder why a member of the forum has to do this and the organization putting out these changes cannot. Imagine the large group of shooters that do not have this information (but who soon will once we post them to our section web pages).

Vince,

You are welcome. I updated the link so you don't have to have a google docs account.

-Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Joe,

I contacted Kim at USPSA about a month ago about this and was told that USPSA is not going to provide new rule books to the membership.

Gene Bray

Has anyone gotten any word on a date for a new printed version of the rule book to be sent out, or even if there will be one for sure? Just wondering.

Joe W.

Joe,

I contacted Kim at USPSA about a month ago about this and was told that USPSA is not going to provide new rule books to the membership.

Gene Bray

Has anyone gotten any word on a date for a new printed version of the rule book to be sent out, or even if there will be one for sure? Just wondering.

Joe W.

Personally I think they should be sending copies to the general membership.

The ro's and staff got new printed rulebooks at the nationals

In the vendors tent at Vegas the USPSA had printed copies of the updated rules book for sale, I hope they will be sending the general membership each a copy as they have in the past with any major rule book update. If the USPSA felt the need to print a new version of the rules it would seem to me that it is a major enough change to call for all members to have a copy. Just a thought. Personally, I don't have the money for all the ink it would take for me to print out my own copy nor the time it would take. If we all are supposed to follow the new rules it would be nice if we all were supplied with them, just my opinion.

Joe

This is unacceptable, USPSA seems to have money for stuff the membership doesnt want, Keep the magazine I never read and send me a rule book.

We need to contact our new Area directors and let them know how we feel.

Edited by Joe4d