Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Wrong With This Picture

Graham Smith

The thing I hate about it is the cameraman, the officers, the news service don't see the problem. It appears to be duty weapons but may be simulators but makes no difference to me. later rdd

I thought you were referencing that the Military force was doing Police actions...and I was gonna have to close it for being political.

Sorry. No this is not a reference to any possible violation of "Posse Comitatus". It's the picture. What idiot in the police Public Affairs let that one get by?

I would guess they are simulators based on the background. It appears to be a FATS Simulator. I have seen some stupid camera men in my day. We actually had a collegiate nationals for the clay targets where ESPN covered it. They had camera men on the ground during the shoot on the field. The guy in charges line. "the camera men know what they are doing and do alot of hunting shows shooting shows etc so just act like they arnt there" It makes for a pretty stressfull situation with them out there. in the field

That does not suprise me, I sell police equipment and you would be amazed at the things some guys do when they come in our shop. I have had countless guns pointed at me, loaded guns handed to me, loaded guns shoved in holsters that dont fit and get stuck and the officer cant get them out, the list is endless. When in doubt, call 911 when its over to clean the mess up.

What is y'all's problem?

It's obvious to me that the person holding something over his right shoulder must have presented a serious threat to these two gentlemen in blue, otherwise they would not have drawn their guns on him.

I hope they were able to subdue him and de-escalate the situation.