Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying Once Fired Brass

Nemesis Lead

What are you looking for?

Matt Cheely has .40. I'm sure it is good stuff and his price is pretty good as well.

Somebody on here probably has what you are looking for or can tell you where they get their's.

Wow, I just noticed brassmansales is no longer a vendor. When did that happen?:roflol: I don't get out much!

Bought tons of it from different places - only got smacked once when I got a bunch of crimped 9mm and I spent a bunch of time swagging it (I have a 650). Other than that, the occasional cracked piece but good experience all around. Just watch the pricing...

My experience has been good, aside from the few odd cases being cracked or damaged. Most sellers seem to throw in a few extra to cover this. I have purchasing from Gunbroker.com. One seller in particular I would recommend was Curtis Weaver. Some of the cleanest used brass I have ever seen. You can try contacting him to see if he has what you are looking for at cjw234@earthlink.net. No relationship here just a good source at a reasonable price.

I bought 8,000 9mm brass on GunBroker from a guy I would never deal with again. Although he has over 1000+ superior ratings, he ended the auction at about 3 in the morning and I paid a little more than half his going rate and he clearly wasn't happy to sell it to me.

BulletFarm was the guy's user name and he shipped me brass that was filthy. He uses a stock picture of perfect brass. I had to clean it all and when I said I was pleased with the price, but I would have paid more to have it cleaned, and said I thought a fair solution was a $75 refund of my $250 for my taking the time to clean it. He replied with, "That sounds like extortion. I rated you an F for that", and GunBroker refused to remove his rating. The guy's an idiot. I asked for a partial refund and he was pissed off at the sale price. If you put your hands down into the box and brought it up your hands were gray.

Then he saw my Marine Corp League emblem and called Marines pussies who would drop and polish his shoes. The exact e-mail he sent me was, "I wouldn't let a Marine shine my boots, their spit might contain aids". A few Marines in his area said they were going to be paying him a visit.

So just for the crap he spoke about the troops, and the risk of winning with a low bid and his not sending you what you paid for, I would avoid BulletFarm on GunBroker. There are other guys who are just as competitively priced.

Walsh

What about 10mm? i can't find any locally (puget sound) area. any sugestions. I'm on a fixed income so i have to be careful w/my money.

Does anybody make a .40 barrel for your 10MM? Since almost all the LE agencies that had the 10MM have dropped it, once fired brass is almost impossible to find around here too. I buy Starline now and then as it's the cheapest factory new brass, but it still costs a lot.