Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salt

If bad ass skinny heroines throws you for a loop, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" should be interesting. I've not seen the Swedish versions of the movie, yet, and I just heard that the American version has finished casting. (Shh! No spoilers, I'm only halfway through the second book.)

Salt was entertaining. Casting Angelina Jolie worked out good, not many female actresses can pull off the badass character. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was an interesting movie, kinda Hannibal Lecterish. Looking forward to the American version.

• 1 month later...

Spring and summer are too busy here for watching movies. Just saw Salt. I found it interesting that Jolie is ambidextrous when using firearms. Thanks be to the director who never had her use two guns simultaneously.

• 2 months later...

think the expression that applies to all of those flicks is "willing suspension of disbelief" :P as long as I'm just watching it for 90 minutes of car chases and CGI/wirework martial arts stuff, then that sort of thing can be pretty entertaining...

as soon as someone starts asking questions about how a russian sleeper agent becomes a senior agent or director at the NSA (or whatever the heck liv schreiber's character was) then it all comes tumbling down.

I liked it, Angie is hot and a bad ass. Sure the skinny hot chick beeting the hell out of the entire Secret Service is a bit over the top but that didn't ruin it for me.

Nah, I was in a class with some of those SS weenies, she could take'm. :P

JT

• 2 weeks later...

I think the "suspension of disbelief" Hollywood expects from even the average viewer is a bit too much. I'll pass.

Exactly....sure was a lot of drive in those 8 year olds to continue mission their entire lives.

I think the "suspension of disbelief" Hollywood expects from even the average viewer is a bit too much. I'll pass.

Exactly....sure was a lot of drive in those 8 year olds to continue mission their entire lives.

hey, kids back then had discipline - no free love hippy cr@p for them!:roflol:

I watched this on DVD last night after having seen it at the movies a while back. I just can't fathom how you folks can't believe a lone slip of a woman can wreak all that havoc with nothing more than a flesh wound. :goof::devil:

• 2 months later...

Just watched SALT again on DVD. Took Netflix several months to get it to me. Watched the Special Features which showed AJ doing lots of her own stunts (with safety wire of course).

I had an interesting experience with Salt; I saw it on a flight across the Atlantic, but didn't have sound. So all I got were the visuals.

Dialogue, plot, etc. were obviously not there. (And for all I know, weren't there even if the sound had been one.)

What I found very interesting was the characters OODA loop. Jolie had the character always looking, and always a step ahead. even while performing some amazing stunt, the character was looking for the next step. This provided (for those who saw it) entry to each step, instead of the usual "How'd he/she think of that!" reaction.

Not going to rent it, but happy to have seen what I saw.