Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation Championship in Las Vegas

Hi Folks,

As has been posted on the 3GN website, "The event will be held in cooperation with USPSA. As such, USPSA rules will be used for division and equipment classification, and the 3GN Championship will be run as a Tactical Optics (or Standard Tactical) match. However, scoring will follow IMGA rules, such as used as DPMS Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun." So everyone will be up to date and have the same info, your equipment must meet USPSA'a Standard Tactical(or Tactical Optics)requirements. All other rules will be those of SMM3G with the following exceptions: First of all, high value targets (those >100 yds) will receive stiffer penalties. Second, the following sections of the rules will be changed or eliminated: 1.9.2 changed to read "Unloading any firearm in an unsafe manner", 3.3 - changed that violation will result in procedural penalties, repeated violation will be grounds for a match DQ, 4.5 - eliminated, 4.6 - eliminated, 6 – eliminated, 10 - eliminated, 11 – eliminated.

Thanks,

Andy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the questions, the only one I will have any info on is the round count. The four stages are designed, BUT I have no idea how much they are going to change once I get to the range. Without knowing what USPSA is doing with respect to props and which of them I might reuse, it is impossible to say what the stages are going to finally look like.

The maximum round count will probably be: P-76, R-68, B-42, SL-12; TOTAL: 198rds

Optional Rounds -- Either 15 less pistol or 15 less birdshot

Good luck!

BTW, I will obviously not be shooting in the match.

Andy

Andy,

Without giving away too many stage designs can you give us open guys an idea how much shotgun reloading will be needed? I will be practicing but what I really need to know is how many shotshell caddies I will need. I haven't shot tactical in a while and need to round up gear for the shotgun.

Thanks, Craig

Craig,

Assuming you never miss, which I know is a safe assumption for you :rolleyes: , and that the stages don't change much, you will be required to load 2, 9, and 4 rounds of shotgun ammunition.

Mike, (send the check to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxx,xxxx,xxxxxx, CO)

Patiently waiting,

Andy

Craig,

Assuming you never miss, which I know is a safe assumption for you :rolleyes: , and that the stages don't change much, you will be required to load 2, 9, and 4 rounds of shotgun ammunition.

Mike, (send the check to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxx,xxxx,xxxxxx, CO)

Patiently waiting,

Andy

Andy,

So you are saying I need two more bandoliers and 26 more shell caddies....got it :roflol:

3GN Championship Set For Las Vegas

The FNH USA 3-Gun Nation Tour, Presented by SureFire, will culminate its inaugural season with the 3GN Championship Sept. 13 at the Desert Sportsman’s Rifle & Pistol Club in Las Vegas, where the top 3-gunners in the country will be battling for $40,000.

The 3GN Championship wraps up the ground-breaking new tournament series, with 50 competitors earning their right to compete based on points accumulated throughout the season. Also, 10 slots will be up for grabs at this year’s USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals, giving 60 shooters an invitation to claim the 3GN National Championship of 3-gun and the grand prize of $25,000, courtesy of Leupold. The second place finisher will take home a check for $10,000, courtesy of US P.A.L.M., while third place pays $5,000, courtesy of Timney Triggers.

The event will be held in cooperation with USPSA. As such, USPSA rules will be used for division and equipment classification, and the 3GN Championship will be run as a Tactical Optics (or Standard Tactical) match. However, scoring will follow IMGA rules, such as used as DPMS Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun. Andy Horner, a veteran competitive shooter and match director for the annual Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, will be the match director and stage designer for the 3GN Championship.

“Andy is going to add so much to our match,” said Pete Brown, President, 3-Gun Nation. “The stages are going to be fast and exciting to watch, yet they’ll blend in Andy’s ability to make them extremely challenging as well. This will be a fitting exclamation point to what we think will be the season that forever redefines the sport of 3-gun.”

The one-day match will comprise of four stages of fire, and competitors will use their own gear during the first four traditional stages. At this time, Horner is working with USPSA and range officials to incorporate the use of all three guns on each stage. However, the stage designs are subject to change, and the stages will not be posted prior to the match. Ultimately, competitors should expect an extremely challenging course of fire.

“The shooters making it into the 60 slots of the 3-Gun Nation Championship match should expect stages to challenge their abilities with all three guns,” Horner said.

Upon completion of the four traditional stages, the top 16 will advance to the 3GN shoot-off format, where competitors will then switch to 3GN sponsor equipment. Those competitors will be seeded according to their overall score from the match, and entered into a 16-man, head-to-head, single elimination tournament bracket.

“3-Gun Nation is going to expose thousands of shooters and non-shooters to the sport of 3-gun competition on a regular basis,” Horner said. “This exposure should grow the sport, and thereby benefit not only our shooters, but the companies in the shooting industry who support 3-gun competitions. By providing an exciting and challenging match, we hope to energize viewers to come out and participate in 3-gun matches—which is the most fun you can have in competitive shooting.”

The match fee will be $150, payable onsite during the Multi-Gun Nationals, or on the morning of the 3GN Championship. For more information, contact Chad Adams at Chad@3gunnation.com.

The entire tournament series, including DPMS Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, FNH USA Midwest 3-Gun Championships, MGM Ironman, JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, the Wildcard event at USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals and the 3GN Championship will all be featured in the new television show, “3-Gun Nation,” debuting on Versus Monday, July 26 at 7:30 AM EST, with a repeat airing on Thursday, July 29 at 3 PM EST.

Anyone with any questions at all can e-mail me directly at chad@3gunnation.com. -- Chad Adams

Not sure if this falls in the equipment grouping or the scoring grouping, if I were doing it, it would be scoring and have no PF.

Does that mean we will be chronographing ammunition to ensure it meets USPSA power factor rules? or are we going with no power factor like IMGA is run? I guess pulling ammo and running everyones rifle and pistol through the chrono stage will add a little time to the day, but I don't see the need :cheers:

Edited by benelli2

Not sure if this falls in the equipment grouping or the scoring grouping, if I were doing it, it would be scoring and have no PF.

Does that mean we will be chronographing ammunition to ensure it meets USPSA power factor rules? or are we going with no power factor like IMGA is run? I guess pulling ammo and running everyones rifle and pistol through the chrono stage will add a little time to the day, but I don't see the need :cheers:

Jeff, I read it as IMGA rules for the 4 stages just like we have all year. This is a seperate event from the 3-gun nationals, but just being held at the same range the next day.

Benny, everyone shoots Tac Optics for the match, all guns.

Tony

Jeff, I read it as IMGA rules for the 4 stages just like we have all year. This is a seperate event from the 3-gun nationals, but just being held at the same range the next day.

Benny, everyone shoots Tac Optics for the match, all guns.

Tony

The equipment is supposed to follow USPSA rules though. The only difference between IMGA and USPSA for Tactical/TS is the shotgun capacity, at least afaik.

Edited by gose

This 3 Gun Nation thing is about the best thing to happen to competitve shooting! I can't wait to see the final.

Now if it was only a little more tactical? Maybe we can make it 4 gun next year and shoot some of those kick a$$ weapons they used on Top Shot.

This 3 Gun Nation thing is about the best thing to happen to competitve shooting! I can't wait to see the final.

Now if it was only a little more tactical? Maybe we can make it 4 gun next year and shoot some of those kick a$$ weapons they used on Top Shot.

Yeah, Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun and slingshot, or maybe throwing knife? <_<

• 2 weeks later...