Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Watch That Sight Line Offset

SJ

WHY would you use your car on a stage? Anything put on the range is likely to get holes in it. I have seen clubs use old "wreck" cars for stages, but using a person personal auto just doesn't seem vert smart.

I kind of doubt my insurance company would cover any holes put in the car, after they found out I used it on a live fire range. :wacko:

"I have seen clubs use old "wreck" cars for stages, but using a person personal auto just doesn't seem vert smart."

I believe Phil has a video of a stage with cars on it here: www.shootersparadise.com Check under "Videos" . The cars are all wrecked cars.

As for the unsafe gunhandling after range clear, maybe it is one of the psuedo-IPSC "tactical" matches like SOF; do they have rules for those?

If you like shooting out of a car try the Checker Challenge in Libby Montana. First pass you shoot and your partner drives, second pass you drive and your partner shoots. Drive an old checker cab across several bays. One guy shoots pistol and the other shoots shotgut. Lots of rounds. B)

As for the unsafe gunhandling after range clear, maybe it is one of the psuedo-IPSC "tactical" matches like SOF; do they have rules for those?

Isn't this the poster child of what not to do?

He's just laying down the rifle, he picks up his pistol, clearing it hammer down? as the camera sweeps, showing people already going downrange?

Carlos:

S.O.F. would be a bad example for you to use. The people who put it on, Mike Horn and Mike Wadalich were both Gunsite instructors and range masters under Cooper, and Mike Wadalich was one of the people who was key in bringing the modern technique of the pistol to the fore front with Cooper in the very earliest stages of the American Pistol Institute. SOF had very stringent safety rules, and they were vigorously enforced. It is a bad assumption to think your opinion of the magazine carried over to the match itsself. SOF sponsored the match, but it was put on by a completely different entity. KURTM

One other thought. That little carbine sure put some holes in the hood of the truck, but I did notice a lack of exit holes. I think a better job could have been done with a H&K 91, or a good old FAL. A M-14 probably wouldn't do it though as it has much less sight offset than the afore mentioned guns :rolleyes: It probably would have just grooved the hood. KURTM

I guess there's a good reason why USPSA prohibits camoflauge and tie-down rigs.

Seems like the RO said "gun clear" just before he put his pistol down. But he sure enough picked it up, dry-fired it, and holstered it with people downrange after the RO said, "Range is safe."

Nolan:

Looked like two "inees" to me, and the shot dispertion was about right for this guy, but who knows :D Had my old truck shot twice once, by a novice with a 45 that hit inside the bed. Double wall Chevys, at least the old ones were STOUT!! No dent on the outside!!! The other time was by a really top notch shooter, that forgot the off set, while leaning out of the right side door triing to assasinate a praire dog. Both said the very same thing when I infomed them YOU SHOT MY TRUCK :angry: "No I didn't :unsure: I bet that is the first thing this guy said too!!! KURTM

• 1 month later...