Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload video for your perusal

Matt Griffin

You my friend have WAY too much time on your hands !!!!

Nice though. :cheers:

Hop

Hop,

may be all he has to do now that the DERBY is over,,

Edited by EEH

Did anyone watch the next video down where it looks like at .40sec, there is a missed reload followed by a smooth left underhanded catch of the same clip. Even with the juggle, very fluid. Nice videos, thanks for posting.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Did anyone watch the next video down where it looks like at .40sec, there is a missed reload followed by a smooth left underhanded catch of the same clip. Even with the juggle, very fluid. Nice videos, thanks for posting.

Lee

Hah, good eye! That's exactly what happened, I launched it over the gun and thankfully (thanks Dad!) a lifetime of safety training had me reach under the muzzle to snag it on the way down, instead of grabbing up and DQ'ing myself.

H.

p.s. Hat-haters gonna hate.

Edited by Houngan

Good Job.

I noticed that the unloading segment was very very fast, both hands in motion. So fast that the reloading looked slow in comparison. This is probably a good balance. All in all......I need more practice.

Thanks for the posting

gm

Good Afternoon,

You inspired me Matt to time my reloads. I too am left handed and I do put my thumb through the frame to hold the cylinder. I am thinking of trying your method as it looks like a little less movement. It will take a long time to switch as my thumb is very, very accustomed to going through the frame and not on top of the frame, but I have made a change in my reloads before. It just took lots of dry fire practice.

My test was different than yours in that I was using IDPA gear, I ejected empty brass and I put a primer on my bench about 6 inches up from the timer, so that I would have aimed shots before and after the reload.

I shoot a 646 in IDPA ESR and USPSA right now. My average was 2.25 and my best was 2.06 seconds. I have just switched to a round nose bullet, for better reloads, but all of my practice ammo is truncated cone (flat point).

With my 625 my best was 1.87 with the average just over 2 seconds. Should I switch to my 625? I would like to try again with round nose 40s, and I feel that I drive the 646 faster through the targets.

I tried my 627 with the crappy factory moonclips (I have Hearthco's but they are all loaded) and my best was 2.60 with an average of 2.65.

Then for fun, I got out the 686 and speed loaders and got a 2.51 best and 2.75 average.

Thank you for the inspiration! The tests were interesting and I will see if using your method can save me some time.

I'm trying to build up the ol' video library and pulled off a quick little dryfire reload the other day. See what you think: www.griffinshooting.com.

H.

NICE videos and shooting ..... us revolver guys must stay together................ S&W 625, 627 & 617

Everybody needs a signature in life for them self ....... the Hat !

p.s. Hat-haters gonna hate.

Not only did I get crap about my hat at Area 3, but I also got crap from several shooters as well as RO's about my choice of foot wear. (I have been wearing Croc's due to my teninitis in my achiles of my right leg. Note I was able to out run most of the RO's on the field courses.) :roflol: