Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide lightening

bubba

I recently purchased a factory edge from a buddy of mine it's too fat. Does anyone have recommendations of where I could get my slide lightened not holes or gills.Thats to typical i need something different.

Gans enterprises. http://www.gansguns.com/

Agreed, his slides look AMAZING and he works FAST.

Bubba - I'd have to disagree with you on the slide being too fat. I have an Edge (Dawson HPF) as well as an SV with a lightened slide. I've also shot a Brazos with a shortened dust cover. My preference is to shoot that Fat Boy its just easier for me to control. A light slide will make it feel snappy you can do that by just making a poor powder choice. You can adjust the feel of the gun a lot with recoil spring selection. Slide lighting isn't reversable, and affects how the gun feels during shooting.

Gary at Gans does a great job of trimming the fat. I've seen a number of nice looking one of a kinds done by Matt Cheely but the guy at LimCat can make it look like some kind of alien space gun truely an artist.

All of my open guns have 9-10oz slides but its a different technology, but no cool alien space look.:devil:

Bubba - I'd have to disagree with you on the slide being too fat. I have an Edge (Dawson HPF) as well as an SV with a lightened slide. I've also shot a Brazos with a shortened dust cover. My preference is to shoot that Fat Boy its just easier for me to control. A light slide will make it feel snappy you can do that by just making a poor powder choice. You can adjust the feel of the gun a lot with recoil spring selection. Slide lighting isn't reversable, and affects how the gun feels during shooting.

Gary at Gans does a great job of trimming the fat. I've seen a number of nice looking one of a kinds done by Matt Cheely but the guy at LimCat can make it look like some kind of alien space gun truely an artist.

All of my open guns have 9-10oz slides but its a different technology, but no cool alien space look.:devil:

I don't care how snappy it is I can reverse slide lightening with recoil springs I like the way my glock feels just can't deal with the trigger.I've spoke with the guy at gans but I found everything they do to limited guns typical if they would cut it like they do the open guns I woud be in.Holes and gills are out the question .

But on second thought I may give them another look if the service is that good .But I'm sure I want it lightened my other sti has only a 2oz lighter slide and to me it shoots better cycles faster.

Contact Rich at Canyon Creek Custom http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/ and ask him about his "full-length hi-power cut". He takes material off the sides of the slide but leaves it full width at the rails. Not sure how he'll work it around the factory serrations that come with your Edge but it's worth asking him.

Brian

I recently purchased a factory edge from a buddy of mine it's too fat. Does anyone have recommendations of where I could get my slide lightened not holes or gills.Thats to typical i need something different.

Edited by BN91205

• 3 months later...

But on second thought I may give them another look if the service is that good .But I'm sure I want it lightened my other sti has only a 2oz lighter slide and to me it shoots better cycles faster.

Thanks for the tip I sent the gun to gans about a month ago . I had it back in one week from shipment he did an awesome job. Service was better than any where I've done gun bussiness with I would recommend him to anybody needing a related service

I would like to see photos as well. Gans built the Open gun in my avatar and also did the slide lightening. Very nice work and real fast turnaround. Best part is the gun has been 100% reliable.

I had a fat heavy Edge that felt and shot a lot better after the slide came back from a trip to EGW. Edge's can definitely benefit from a little diet along with ditching the Recoil Master.

I'd also love to see some pics--the stuff he has on his web-site is pretty neat.

If its not too much of a thread drift, I'd also like to hear from some more guys about your experience with slide lightening--there seems to be two camps. Did you like it? Did it change the feel of the gun?

I'd also love to see some pics--the stuff he has on his web-site is pretty neat.

If its not too much of a thread drift, I'd also like to hear from some more guys about your experience with slide lightening--there seems to be two camps. Did you like it? Did it change the feel of the gun?

I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE THE GUN CYCLES MUCH FASTER A LITTLE MORE FELT RECOIL BUT FLATTER

w-4.jpg

4-64.jpg

1-89.jpg

:D

that's like Lipo, lap band, fat camp & a facial reconstruction w a possible boob reduction! If it came from Gary I imagine the barrel and slide collectively lost 4+ oz. In less than a week... No stretch marks, nothin! Sexy!